- 14 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Skoda Auto has trademarked three new names for their upcoming models in the Indian market. The company has trademarked the Kosmiq, Karmiq and Kushaq names for their new models in the country.
As per the registry details, the Kosmiq and Karmiq names were filed for a trademark earlier this year in January, while the Kushaq nameplate was filed in September. However, all three names have now been accepted.
Having said that, Skoda has only one major product launch in the near future, which is the Vision IN SUV. There are currently no details as to why Skoda has registered the other names as well.
The company is working on introducing the production-spec version of the Vision IN in the Indian market, sometime by mid-2021. Skoda will, however, reveal the nameplate of the Vision IN SUV for India in the coming months.
The SUV has been spotted testing multiple times on Indian streets. The Skoda Vision IN will also be the first model from the Czech brand to be part of their new ‘India 2.0' project. The Skoda SUV will be part of Volkswagen's MQB A0 IN platform, which will also be used for their upcoming Taigun offering.
The Skoda Vision IN concept SUV was last showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The production-spec version of the SUV is said to come packed with features and equipment, to take on its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment.
Some of the features expected on the upcoming Skoda SUV include LED lighting all around, this includes LED projector units, LED DRLs and LED taillights. The car will also come with the 19-inch stylish alloy wheels, electric sunroof, virtual cockpit, large touchscreen infotainment system, wireless charging, ambient lighting, steering wheel with mounted controls and many other features and equipment.
Thoughts On The Three New Car Names Trademarked By Skoda
As seen from the three names, Skoda will stick to its nomenclature with the Vision IN of the model name starting with ‘K' and ending with ‘Q'. The new Skoda Vision IN SUV once launched in India will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen T-Roc.