- 6 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 11 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- News ‘Opinion can change’: CJI Bobde amid row over members of SC-appointed farm panel
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Skoda Auto has trademarked three new names for their upcoming models in the Indian market. The company has trademarked the Kosmiq, Karmiq and Kushaq names for their new models in the country.
As per the registry details, the Kosmiq and Karmiq names were filed for a trademark earlier this year in January, while the Kushaq nameplate was filed in September. However, all three names have now been accepted.
Having said that, Skoda has only one major product launch in the near future, which is the Vision IN SUV. There are currently no details as to why Skoda has registered the other names as well.
The company is working on introducing the production-spec version of the Vision IN in the Indian market, sometime by mid-2021. Skoda will, however, reveal the nameplate of the Vision IN SUV for India in the coming months.
The SUV has been spotted testing multiple times on Indian streets. The Skoda Vision IN will also be the first model from the Czech brand to be part of their new ‘India 2.0' project. The Skoda SUV will be part of Volkswagen's MQB A0 IN platform, which will also be used for their upcoming Taigun offering.
The Skoda Vision IN concept SUV was last showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The production-spec version of the SUV is said to come packed with features and equipment, to take on its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment.
Some of the features expected on the upcoming Skoda SUV include LED lighting all around, this includes LED projector units, LED DRLs and LED taillights. The car will also come with the 19-inch stylish alloy wheels, electric sunroof, virtual cockpit, large touchscreen infotainment system, wireless charging, ambient lighting, steering wheel with mounted controls and many other features and equipment.
Thoughts On The Three New Car Names Trademarked By Skoda
As seen from the three names, Skoda will stick to its nomenclature with the Vision IN of the model name starting with ‘K' and ending with ‘Q'. The new Skoda Vision IN SUV once launched in India will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen T-Roc.