- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Education SSC GD Constable Result 2018: Check Final Result PDF, Merit List And Cut-off
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Shell Lubricants has partnered with a Bengaluru-based start-up, Pitstop to enable zero-contact doorstep servicing of vehicles for its consumers. Both brands aim to provide safe and hassle-free vehicle maintenance at the customer's doorstep during the Covid-19 times in the country.
Shell Lubricants sell a host of fluids that are required to change as part of the periodic vehicle maintenance, and with the Pitstop's inventory to support mobile servicing, customers get safe and trustworthy services.
The new service will help consumers and mechanics, minimizing exposure during vehicle maintenance. It also aims to generate additional business opportunity for the mechanic community whose livelihood has been affected over the past couple of months due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Under the new partnership to offer doorstep service, it will deploy 500 vans driven by well-trained mechanics to offer maintenance service to customers vehicles, that will help generate employment during these unprecedented times.
Initially, the service will be offered in 20 cities across the country. This includes Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad; among others. All the mechanics have been properly trained with strict guidelines to follow relevant safety protocols. These include the usage of (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment and ensuring that everything is sanitized.
Customer looking to avail the doorstep vehicle maintenance service can download the smartphone application from Pitstop. Once the application is opened, customers can book the service listed by choosing a preferred date and time.
Once booked, a team of mechanics will be assigned to them, who will come to the customer's location and perform a thorough inspection of the vehicle. All the required maintenance like oil change and sanitizations will be performed. Payments to the service availed can be made online as well.
Raman Ojha, Country Head, Shell Lubricants India, said, "The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a fundamental shift in our lives. Consumers are looking for different options to meet their emerging needs driven by social distancing norms. At Shell India, we wanted to provide a trustworthy and convenient solution for their mobility needs."
He further said, "At the same time, we also wanted to ensure both safeties as well as steady business opportunities for our mechanic partners, an intrinsic part of our community. The Shell-Pitstop partnership will create a new ecosystem through which consumers will be able to avail Safe Zero-Contact Doorstep services for their cars via an app-based platform and mechanic partners will get access to jobs and training through it".
Mihir Mohan, Founder & CEO of Pitstop, said, "We are delighted to have Shell as our lubricant partner as we strive to serve customers across India during these tough times. Our partnership will help us serve people at large during this pandemic. COVID-19 has changed the services industry worldwide. We feel great synergies with Shell in delivering the best care and service maintenance experience across the country."
Thoughts About Shell & Pitstop Partnering To Introduce Zero Contact Doorstep Vehicle Maintenance Service
Consumers who are looking for a convenient way to get their vehicle serviced by well-trained professionals in a safe manner can opt for the doorstep service offered under the partnership. The doorstep service will also create a good network for mechanics to easily find consumers, and assures steady business.