- 13 hrs ago Force Motors Delivers 1,000 Force Traveller Ambulances To Government Of Andhra Pradesh
- 13 hrs ago Car Sales Report For June 2020: MG Motor Registers 2012 Units Of Sales In The Previous Month
- 14 hrs ago Ather Energy Collaborates With CredR For 2W Exchange Program: Read More To Find Out
- 14 hrs ago Spy Pics: Tata Nexon DCT Spotted Testing Again Ahead of India Launch
- Finance Higher TDS Rate On Large Cash Withdrawals Apply: Know Details
- Technology Flipkart Back To College: Special Discounts Offers On Laptops
- Sports Inter 6-0 Brescia: Nerazzurri thrash Serie A strugglers
- News India sees biggest one-day jump of 507 Covid-19 deaths, 18,653 new infections
- Movies Karan Johar’s Name Not Dropped From Sooryavanshi, Clarifies Taran Adarsh
- Lifestyle Rubina Dilaik Inspires Us With Her Comfy Outfit As She Plucks Plums From The Garden
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has said that seventeen employees from a security agency employed by them seem to have disappeared after testing positive for the Covid-19 virus. The virus infected folk work for SIS India, a well known security firm with interests across the country. The employees were supposed to be quarantined after they tested positive on 17 June.
Reports are that a First Information Report has been registered with local law enforcement at Industrial Sector-7 against the missing employees and their manager. According to the FIR that was registered, by a Government Doctor based at PHC Bhangrola at Gurugram, the employees and their manager were informed about the positive tests on the 17th of June, soon after they were tested.
The FIR goes on to say that the manager informed necessary healthcare authorities about the positive test result and that the employees were asymptomatic, and had been quarantined immediately.
The FIR read, "But when our medical team reached the site on June 18, all these 17 patients had already left without any information. This is for your information and action to be taken as per the Disaster Management Act."
A spokesperson for Maruti Suzuki India Limited confirmed the test results when they said' "The people in question who tested positive are not Maruti Suzuki employees. They are outsourced/contractual vigilance staff deputed with the company."
The brand reiterated that it was following all Government guidelines and directives as far as safety and health was concerned, and offered assistance and cooperation with authorities whenever required. No statement was made about any effect on production at the facility because employees that tested positive for Covid-19 are not direct employees of MSIL. SIS India was unavailable for a comment.
Maruti Suzuki recently reported one Covid-19 positive case after resuming partial operations at its Manesar facility. The brand resumed operations after a hiatus of almost 55 days as a result of the nationwide lockdown that was implemented.
The brand's Manesar facility produces Maruti's high selling models such as the Alto, the Swift, the Dzire, the S-Presso, the Ertiga, and the Baleno, while it Gurugram plant caters for the S-Cross, the Vitara Brezza, the Ignis, and the Super Carry LCV.
Outside of Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Toyota Kirloskar Motor and Hyundai Motor India have also reported positive Covid-19 cases at their manufacturing facilities.
Thoughts About Employees Of SIS India Testing Positive For Covid-19
We're not surprised that 17 personnel from a security agency tested positive for Covid-19. Security firms usually have as many as 20 guards staying together, on a property that does not offer any personal space.
Most guards come in contact with everyone entering the property they are employed to guard, therefore increasing the chance of risk. What's really interesting is that they pulled a Houdini. Chances are they're headed home.