- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade now. The company has continuously been updating the SUV's design and engines over the years. Mahindra will be launching the next-generation XUV500 sometime early next year in the Indian market. Also, the SUV has been spotted testing on a number of occasions on the Indian roads.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, once again the second generation Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing on the India roads. This time around we can partially see the car's production-spec tail lamp clusters. Also, the SUV is seen running on multi-spoke alloy wheels, indicating that this might be a top-end variant.
Though the vehicle is under heavy wraps, the overall dimensions and silhouette of the SUV can be recognised easily as a Mahindra. However, the SUV is running steel wheels, which could indicate that this is a lower variant.
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling. The SUV is expected to get LED headlights with LED DRLs and LED fogs and a new design for the taillights.
On the inside, the SUV is likely to get a large horizontal touchscreen infotainment system. a large MID screen, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, flat-bottom steering wheel, cruise control out of many.
Mechanically, the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is expected to feature a brand new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new unit is expected to be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace. Mahindra is also likely to introduce a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the all-new XUV500 that will produce 187bhp of power and 380Nm of peak torque. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options and the top-end trims will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system.
Thoughts About The All-New Second Generation XUV 500
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will get a host of new features and modern technology compared to the current generation one. Once launched, the XUV500 will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas in the Indian market.