- 7 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 11 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 22 Highlights: Housemates Create Furor As Sonali Throws Food In The Dustbin
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
SEAT Arona SUV has been spotted testing in India. The SUV seems like a European-spec model and is left-hand driven. The Arona could be brought in by Volkswagen to test the platform feasibility for future models from the brand in the country.
Latest spy images posted by Rushlane, reveals the Aron to be testing in Mumbai-Pune highway without any camouflage. However, this is not the first time that the Arona has been spied testing.
The SUV has been spotted several times at different location in its current testing phase in the country. Does this mean the Arona will be launched in India? Not necessarily. SEAT is currently owned by German auto giant Volkswagen along with some of the other brands.
According to reports, the SUV could be brought into the country to test the new platform that currently underpins some of the models in the Volkswagen portfolio such as the Taigun. The SEAT Arona is based upon VW's MQB A0 platform, which will be localized as the MQB A0 IN for the Indian market.
The particular platform will also be used by Skoda for their upcoming Vision IN SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. As a result, the Arona could be used by Volkswagen and Skoda team to gather data for research and development of the upcoming models from both brands.
Speaking about the Arona itself, the SUV is offered with a 1.0-litre TSI three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that produces 114bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG.
It features full LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps and turn-indicators, brand's signature front grille, fog lamps, a large SEAT logo placed at the centre of the grille and on the boot-lid. It also features faux skid plates at both ends along with roof rails and 18-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, the Arona features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, multiple drive modes, dual-zone climate control, ambient lighting, semi-digital instrument cluster, wireless smartphone charger; among others.
The Seat Arona if launched, could be placed in the mid-size SUV segment in India. It will rival the Hyundai Creta, the Kia Seltos, the Nissan Kicks and the Jeep Compass; among others.
Thoughts About The Seat Arona SUV Spotted Testing Again With Left Hand Drive In India
The Arona is likely to have arrived in India for testing purpose. It will be helping gather essential data for Volkswagen and Skoda engineers for the development of MQB A0 IN platform. The new platform will spawn many models in the country including the Taigun crossover-SUV and the Vision IN. SEAT is unlikely to make its debut in the market.