- 50 min ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 16 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil On Coping With His Dad's Death: I Hate Realizing Everyday That You're Gone
- News Bihar Assembly Election 2020: List of rules one should follow amid COVID-19
- Finance Why Gold Finance Company Stocks Are In A Sweet Spot?
- Sports Dean Jones death: Brett Lee tried to revive former Australia batsman with CPR
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Skoda and Volkswagen will be launching at least 4 new locally developed products. These products will be based on the heavily localised MQB AO IN platform. However, according to the images snapped by Rushlane, a left-hand-drive Seat Arona has been spotted testing in Pune.
We are expecting that the Seat Arona could be a testing bed for the local components that are being used in the MQB AO IN platform. However, the VW Taigun and the production version of the Skoda Vision IN concept will be the first models for the Indian market to be based on the MQB AO IN platform.
As far as the length of the car is concerned, the SEAT Arona measures 4.14 meter in length. But, both the Taigun and Vision IN measure around 4.2 meters long, which is slightly bigger than the Arona.
Some features on the Seat Arona are cruise control, speed limiter, hill start assist, an eight-inch infotainment system that supports Applecarplay and AndridAuto, twin-halogen headlights with integrated DRLs, electric folding ORVMs, wireless charging, leather upholstery and many more. The Arona has also received a five-star rating from the Global NCAP.
Mechanically, the Seat Arona is expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre, turbocharged petrol engine, which will also power the Taigun and the Vision IN in India. This engine is capable of producing 148bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. The unit is mated to a 7-speed DSG and the power is transmitted to the front wheels.
Thoughts About The Seat Arona Spotted Testing
As we mentioned that the Seat Arona which was spotted was a left-hand-drive, and we also think that the Arona could be a testing bed for the local components that are being used in the MQB AO IN platform. Once launched the Arona, along with the VW Taigun and the production version of the Skoda Vision IN, will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks.