- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- News Man arrested for extorting money by posing as cop in Delhi
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Skoda and Volkswagen will be launching at least 4 new locally developed products. These products will be based on the heavily localised MQB AO IN platform. However, according to the images snapped by Rushlane, a left-hand-drive Seat Arona has been spotted testing in Pune.
We are expecting that the Seat Arona could be a testing bed for the local components that are being used in the MQB AO IN platform. However, the VW Taigun and the production version of the Skoda Vision IN concept will be the first models for the Indian market to be based on the MQB AO IN platform.
As far as the length of the car is concerned, the SEAT Arona measures 4.14 meter in length. But, both the Taigun and Vision IN measure around 4.2 meters long, which is slightly bigger than the Arona.
Some features on the Seat Arona are cruise control, speed limiter, hill start assist, an eight-inch infotainment system that supports Applecarplay and AndridAuto, twin-halogen headlights with integrated DRLs, electric folding ORVMs, wireless charging, leather upholstery and many more. The Arona has also received a five-star rating from the Global NCAP.
Mechanically, the Seat Arona is expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre, turbocharged petrol engine, which will also power the Taigun and the Vision IN in India. This engine is capable of producing 148bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. The unit is mated to a 7-speed DSG and the power is transmitted to the front wheels.
Thoughts About The Seat Arona Spotted Testing
As we mentioned that the Seat Arona which was spotted was a left-hand-drive, and we also think that the Arona could be a testing bed for the local components that are being used in the MQB AO IN platform. Once launched the Arona, along with the VW Taigun and the production version of the Skoda Vision IN, will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks.