- 3 min ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 4 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Celebrates One Year Of Super 30; ‘Went Through Hell For A Glimpse Of Heaven’
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Renault is said to be considering bringing in the Zoe electric hatchback in the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the Renault Zoe is being considered for the Indian market, with the electric hatchback expected to go on sale sometime in late-2020 or early-2021.
Reports also suggest that Renault will showcase the Zoe electric in India at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020, to be held in February-2020. The showcase of the Zoe electric hatchback from Renault at the upcoming Expo will be to help the brand gauge the interest for the model in the Indian market.
If Renault does decide to bring the Zoe electric to the Indian market, it will come with a host of changes. This will allow the model to become suitable for Indian driving conditions.
One of the main changes includes the additional protection to the underside of the Zoe. This will help protect the batteries from damage while driving on unfavourable Indian road conditions.
The Renault Zoe electric is expected to feature a 41kWh lithium-ion battery pack producing 90bhp from its motor. The Zoe is said to offer a maximum range of 300 to 350km on a single charge. The Renault Zoe electric will come with both standard and fast-charging technology as well.
Having said this, the plans to bring the Renault Zoe electric to the Indian market is still at a very nascent stage. The company will over the next year be running extensive testing on the Zoe, updating it along the way, making it suitable for Indian roads.
In terms of dimensions as space, the UK-spec Renault Zoe electric measures 4,087mm in length, 1,787mm in width and 1,562mm in height; wheelbase comes up to 2,588mm. This translates to its interior cabin space being similar to most of the conventional premium hatchback offerings in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Renault Zoe Electric Coming To India
With India steadily moving towards electrification of vehicles, many manufacturers are taking the opportunity to introduce EVs in the country. Renault not wanting to be left behind is also planning on introducing the Zoe soon.
If launched in India, the Renault Zoe electric will take on rivals such as the Maruti WagonR electric, Tata Nexon electric and the Mahindra XUV300 electric.