- 3 min ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Governor Of Veneto Confirms, Venice Film Festival To Go Ahead With 2020 Edition
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Renault India has released its sales figures for the financial year 2019-20. According to their sales report, the company has registered approximately 12% growth in the Indian market.
The French carmaker closed the FY 2020 with sales of 89,534 units, compared to 79,654 units during the previous financial year. The 12% growth registered from Renault, puts them in a unique position of being the only carmaker to register positive sales numbers in FY 2020.
The Indian auto industry has had a very tough FY 2019-20, with the slowdown during most parts of 2019 and the current COVID-19 situation from early-2020.
Most other major carmakers, including Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata Motors have registered a massive decline in sales. Tata Motors has been the worst affected, with sales in FY 2020 dropping by a massive 71% compared to FY 2019.
Renault, however, has managed to improve its growth in the Indian market. The main reason for the growth of the French brand in India is because of the introduction of the Triber MPV and the Kwid facelift in India.
Both cars, the Renault Triber and the Kwid facelift brought in a fresh design language, along with offering a host of features and equipment. This helped Renault attract more customers toward the two products in the Indian market. Also, the fact that Renault was able to keep the price of both models extremely competitive added to the sales.
The Renault Triber managed to register a total sales of over 33,000 units in the previous financial year. The Renault Kwid facelift also performed well bringing in over 46,000 units as well.
The remaining sales came from the Duster SUV, which was also updated last year. The SUV registered 7,837 units. All other models in Renault's India lineup failed to bring in any sales. This includes the Captur and Lodgy, both of which managed just triple-digit sales.
Thoughts On The Renault India Sales During FY 2020
Renault, a company which for a long time has been struggling to find its footing in the Indian market, has become the only carmaker to register positive sales in FY 2020. The introduction of the Triber and Kwid facelift are the main reason for this positive number.