- 2 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 18 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- News Coronavirus cases: India airlifts COVID-19 vaccines to Somalia
- Movies NCB Chargesheet Claims Rhea Chakraborty Funded Drug Deals & Conspired To Sell
- Sports Rumour Has It: Bayern lead Koulibaly race, Man City favourites to sign Haaland
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Finance Best Home Loans With The Cheapest Interest Rates Starting From 6.65%
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Renault India has released its sales figures for the financial year 2019-20. According to their sales report, the company has registered approximately 12% growth in the Indian market.
The French carmaker closed the FY 2020 with sales of 89,534 units, compared to 79,654 units during the previous financial year. The 12% growth registered from Renault, puts them in a unique position of being the only carmaker to register positive sales numbers in FY 2020.
The Indian auto industry has had a very tough FY 2019-20, with the slowdown during most parts of 2019 and the current COVID-19 situation from early-2020.
Most other major carmakers, including Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata Motors have registered a massive decline in sales. Tata Motors has been the worst affected, with sales in FY 2020 dropping by a massive 71% compared to FY 2019.
Renault, however, has managed to improve its growth in the Indian market. The main reason for the growth of the French brand in India is because of the introduction of the Triber MPV and the Kwid facelift in India.
Both cars, the Renault Triber and the Kwid facelift brought in a fresh design language, along with offering a host of features and equipment. This helped Renault attract more customers toward the two products in the Indian market. Also, the fact that Renault was able to keep the price of both models extremely competitive added to the sales.
The Renault Triber managed to register a total sales of over 33,000 units in the previous financial year. The Renault Kwid facelift also performed well bringing in over 46,000 units as well.
The remaining sales came from the Duster SUV, which was also updated last year. The SUV registered 7,837 units. All other models in Renault's India lineup failed to bring in any sales. This includes the Captur and Lodgy, both of which managed just triple-digit sales.
Thoughts On The Renault India Sales During FY 2020
Renault, a company which for a long time has been struggling to find its footing in the Indian market, has become the only carmaker to register positive sales in FY 2020. The introduction of the Triber and Kwid facelift are the main reason for this positive number.