- 7 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 11 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 11 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Sports Champions League: Barcelona 3-1 Napoli 4-2 agg: Messi shines as Blaugrana set up Bayern clash
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Teaser: Salman Khan Is Back With Bigg Boss 2020; Is Seen Farming At Panvel Farmhouse
- News Arjun Meghwal tests positive for coronavirus
- Technology Redmi 9 Prime Next Sale Scheduled On August 17
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Renault India has expanded the portfolio of the Kwid in the Indian market with the addition of the RXL 1.0-litre BS6 variant to their lineup. The Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered with the BS6-compliant 1.0-litre engine and is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 1.0-litre engine on the Renault Kwid RXL variant is offered with both manual and automatic transmission units. The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-litre with the AMT gearbox is priced slightly higher at Rs 4.48 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered by the 999cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp at 5500rpm and 91Nm of torque at 4,250rpm. As mentioned before, the engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission. The AMT version of the Renault Kwid 1.0-litre RXL is now the most affordable BS6-compliant two-pedal offering in the Indian market.
Renault also announced that the sales of the Kwid hatchback in the Indian market have crossed over 3.5 lakh units, since its launch. The company has also registered over 45,000 units of exports of the Kwid to other international markets as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & Managing Director, Renault India Operations said,
"The global launch of Renault Kwid was in India and showcased the important role of this country in Groupe Renault's growth ambitions. Kwid has been an important contributor to our progress in India."
"With more than 3.5 Lakh Kwid families, we are overwhelmed and grateful for the faith that our customers have bestowed in brand Renault. Kwid, which was a breakthrough product in terms of design, innovation and modernity at the time of launch, continues to be a game-changer for us."
The Renault Kwid in India is offered in a range of six variants: Std, RXE, RXL, RXT, RXT(O) and Climber (O). The STD, RXE and RXL come powered by a smaller 800cc three-cylinder unit. It produces 53bhp and 72Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The mid-spec RXL and the RXT variants among those offered with both engine options.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-Litre Variant Launch
The Renault Kwid has been one of the brand's best-selling models in the Indian market. The entry-level offering is an extremely attractive offering in its segment, rivalling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. The addition of the larger engine on the mid-spec variant, will further help attract more customers towards the Renault Kwid.