- 1 hr ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- News Farmers reject govt’s offer to suspend farm laws for 18 months, demand repeal
- Sports Tokyo Olympics could go ahead without fans, predicts former IOC vice president Dick Pound
- Technology BSNL Offering Lifetime Validity To Few Customers
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Movies Prabhas’ Uncle Krishnam Raju Responds To Rebel Star’s Wedding Rumours; Here’s What He Has To Say!
- Education Do You Know Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Finance 4 Secure Investments To Claim Tax Benefits Under Section 80C
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Renault India has expanded the portfolio of the Kwid in the Indian market with the addition of the RXL 1.0-litre BS6 variant to their lineup. The Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered with the BS6-compliant 1.0-litre engine and is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 1.0-litre engine on the Renault Kwid RXL variant is offered with both manual and automatic transmission units. The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-litre with the AMT gearbox is priced slightly higher at Rs 4.48 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Renault Kwid RXL variant now comes powered by the 999cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp at 5500rpm and 91Nm of torque at 4,250rpm. As mentioned before, the engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission. The AMT version of the Renault Kwid 1.0-litre RXL is now the most affordable BS6-compliant two-pedal offering in the Indian market.
Renault also announced that the sales of the Kwid hatchback in the Indian market have crossed over 3.5 lakh units, since its launch. The company has also registered over 45,000 units of exports of the Kwid to other international markets as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & Managing Director, Renault India Operations said,
"The global launch of Renault Kwid was in India and showcased the important role of this country in Groupe Renault's growth ambitions. Kwid has been an important contributor to our progress in India."
"With more than 3.5 Lakh Kwid families, we are overwhelmed and grateful for the faith that our customers have bestowed in brand Renault. Kwid, which was a breakthrough product in terms of design, innovation and modernity at the time of launch, continues to be a game-changer for us."
The Renault Kwid in India is offered in a range of six variants: Std, RXE, RXL, RXT, RXT(O) and Climber (O). The STD, RXE and RXL come powered by a smaller 800cc three-cylinder unit. It produces 53bhp and 72Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The mid-spec RXL and the RXT variants among those offered with both engine options.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid RXL 1.0-Litre Variant Launch
The Renault Kwid has been one of the brand's best-selling models in the Indian market. The entry-level offering is an extremely attractive offering in its segment, rivalling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. The addition of the larger engine on the mid-spec variant, will further help attract more customers towards the Renault Kwid.