- 1 hr ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 1 hr ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 1 hr ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki India Extends Its Free Service & Warranty Period For Customers Due To Covid-19
- News Mass vaccination against COVID-19, suspension of central vista project: 12 Oppn leaders tell PM Modi in letter
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Sports Arjuna winning former TT player V Chandrasekhar dies due to COVID complications; Sathiyan, Sharath condole
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Finance April CPI Inflation Softens To 4.29 Per Cent; March IIP Spikes To 22 Percent
- Lifestyle The Brit Awards 2021: Dua Lipa Makes A Retro Splash With Her Yellow Dress And Puffed Hairdo; Wins Big!
- Movies Salman Khan's Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai Will Not Be Screened In Hyderabad Theatres, Here's Why
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Renault Kwid electric unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020. Renault India has brought the electric Kwid hatchback to the Auto Expo 2020. The new Renault Kwid electric is based on the K-ZE model sold in most international markets.
The new Renault K-ZE showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 comes with a host of new features and equipment compared to the recently introduced second-generation Kwid hatchback in the Indian market.
The new Renault K-ZE (Kwid electric) comes with a 26.8kWh lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor. The powertrain on the electric hatchback produces 44bhp and 125Nm of peak torque. The batteries on the Kwid electric offers a claimed range of 271km on a single charge.
The Renault K-ZE hatchback features both standard and fast-charging options. Using the standard AC charger, the K-ZE takes about four-hours for a complete charge while the DC fast-charger can charge the Kwid electric from 30 - 80% in just 30 mins.
In terms of features, the Renault Kwid electric comes with a host of them. This includes 14-inch steel wheels, LED Daytime Running Lamps, rear rain wipers, TFT coloured instrument console, eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Easy Link Intelligent connectivity technology; among others.
The Renault K-ZE also comes with a host of safety equipment as standard as well. This includes ABS with EBD, airbags, seat-belt reminder, reverse parking camera and a host of others as well.
Renault did have plans of introducing the Kwid electric in the Indian market. However, currently, there is very little information regarding the same. The unveiling of the K-ZE at the Auto Expo 2020 could be to study the interest garnered from customers, indicating a possible launch soon.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric (K-ZE) Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Renault K-ZE hatchback might have been brought in by the French carmaker to access the interest and feasibility of an electric version of the Kwid for the Indian market. If launched in the Indian market, the Renault Kwid electric will take on rivals such as the upcoming Maruti WagonR electric.