- 12 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 13 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 15 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 18 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Renault India has launched the BS6-compliant Kwid hatchback in the Indian market. The new Renault Kwid BS6 is offered with a starting price of Rs 2.92 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new BS6 Kwid hatchback will continue to be offered with the same variants as before. This includes the STD, RXE, RXL, RXT and Climber.
Prices for the BS6 Renault Kwid have gone up by around Rs 9,000 compared to the BS4 model. Here is a price list, showcasing both the old BS4 and new BS6 prices of the Renault Kwid.
|Variant||BS6 Price||BS4 Price||Difference|
|STD||Rs 2.92 Lakh||Rs 2.83 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxE 0.8||Rs 3.62 Lakh||Rs 3.53 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxL 0.8||Rs 3.92 Lakh||Rs 3.83 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxT 0.8||Rs 4.22 Lakh||Rs 4.13 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxT 1.0||Rs 4.42 Lakh||Rs 4.33 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxT (O) 1.0||Rs 4.50 Lakh||Rs 4.41 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxT AT 1.0||Rs 4.72 Lakh||Rs 4.63 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|RxT (O) AT 1.0||Rs 4.79 Lakh||Rs 4.70 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|Climber||Rs 4.63 Lakh||Rs 4.54 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|Climber (O)||Rs 4.71 Lakh||Rs 4.62 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|Climber AT||Rs 4.93 Lakh||Rs 4.84 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
|Climber (O) AT||Rs 5.01 Lakh||Rs 4.92 Lakh||Rs 9,000|
Apart from the engine update, no other changes have been made to the Renault Kwid. the French carmaker recently introduced the new facelift version of the Kwid in the Indian market. The new Renault Kwid comes with a host of new features, along with a number of design and styling updates; to both its exterior and interior.
Some of the features on the new Renault Kwid include new alloy wheel design, updated headlamp and taillight cluster, 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, digital instrument cluster, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors; among others.
The new BS6 Renault Kwid comes powered by the same 800cc engine and the 1.0-litre petrol engine, which has now been updated to comply with the latest emission norms, set to be implemented in the country from 1st of April 2020.
Both engines offer the same power and torque figures as its BS4 versions. This includes 54bhp and 72Nm of torque from the 800cc engine and 68bhp and 91Nm of torque from the slightly larger 1.0-litre unit. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the 1.0-litre engine also receiving the optional five-speed AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid BS6 India Launch
The Renault Kwid BS6 is the latest product offering from the French brand to comply with the latest emission norms in the country. Renault recently also introduced the BS6-compliant Triber in the Indian market. The BS6 Kwid hatchback rivals the likes of the Maruti S-Presso, Maruti Alto K10 and the Datsun RediGO.