- 18 min ago Revolt RV400 Prices Dropped By Rs 28,200: Bookings Reopen From June 18
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Launched In India At Rs 2.17 Crore
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India Launch On June 28: Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Launched In India At Rs 13.18 Lakh
- News Gesture goes viral after her boyfriend made her a dress for graduation day
- Movies Shakti Arora Remembers Late Grandfather Chandrashekhar; Says ‘He Wanted Me To Complete My MBA & Take Up A Job’
- Finance How & When Your EPF Account Becomes Taxable?
- Sports Gopichand announces National Badminton Scholarship programme
- Technology Spotify Launches Greenroom Live Audio App, A Clubhouse Rival
- Lifestyle Nia Sharma’s ‘Candy Cane’ Look In A Red Checked Dress Is Setting Major Summer Fashion Goals; Pictures Inside!
- Education CBSE Class 12th Evaluation Criteria 2021 Released, Results By July 31
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
Renault has released yet another teaser of its upcoming SUV, codenamed the HBC. Alongside the new teaser, Renault has also confirmed that the much-awaited compact-SUV will be unveiled on the 18th of November.
The Renault HBC concept is the precursor to the brand's Kiger compact-SUV. We also expect Renault to confirm the 'Kiger' nameplate for its upcoming B-SUV in the Indian market. The new Renault Kiger is expected to go on sale sometime in mid-2021.
The SUV will be positioned in India's competitive sub-4 metre compact-SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and its cousin, the Nissan Magnite.
The new Renault Kiger SUV will be part of the brand's CMF-A+ platform, which also underpins the popular Triber MPV from the French brand. With the Renault-Nissan alliance, we can also expect the upcoming Kiger SUV to carry over many components from the Magnite as well.
This includes the engine options. The Renault Kiger once introduced in the market could carry forward the 1.0-litre NA petrol and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine options, both of which ae mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol with the higher-spec trims will also receive the optional AMT transmission as well.
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. The compact-SUV was first scheduled to go on sale earlier this year, however, the plans were disrupted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country.
Renault had also previously released a small teaser video of the upcoming car. The teaser video also did not manage to give away any details, apart from a small glimpse of the concept's LED headlamp unit and the C-shaped tail lights. The teaser video did also showcase the roof-mounted spoiler with the stop lamp, indicating a sporty design and styling for the SUV.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kiger Teaser Ahead Of Unveil
The Renault Kiger is all set to be unveiled in its concept form on the 18th of November. Similar to its cousin, the Kiger will be an important product for Renault in India, who will be hoping it receives the same level of success as its Triber MPV.