- 36 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Movies Robert De Niro Injures Leg While On Location For Killers of the Flower Moon, Shooting To Continue
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing on several occasions on the India roads. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The compact SUV was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but now it is likely to go on sale around this year's festive season.
However, the Kiger has been spotted testing once again and as seen in the images captured by MotorOctain, the compact SUV reveals its design silhouette, especially its side profile. Although not many details have been revealed from images as the test mule was heavily wrapped. We can notice the roof rails, split headlamps, and the brand's signature grille design. The test mule is also seen running alloy wheels, meaning this could be the top-end variant.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission. On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is likely to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. The unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger
The Renault Kiger will be offered with a host of new features and once launched the Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.