- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing on several occasions on the India roads. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The compact SUV was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but now it is likely to go on sale around this year's festive season.
However, the Kiger has been spotted testing once again and as seen in the images captured by MotorOctain, the compact SUV reveals its design silhouette, especially its side profile. Although not many details have been revealed from images as the test mule was heavily wrapped. We can notice the roof rails, split headlamps, and the brand's signature grille design. The test mule is also seen running alloy wheels, meaning this could be the top-end variant.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission. On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is likely to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. The unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger
The Renault Kiger will be offered with a host of new features and once launched the Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.