- 11 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 14 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
French auto manufacturer, Renault is gearing up to launch a new compact-SUV in the Indian market. It is internally named as 'HBC' and could be called as the 'Kiger' when launched. The SUV is expected to be launched sometime in October this year.
Ahead of the launch, the interiors of the Renault Kiger has been spied. Spy images from Autocar India reveal a partly-camouflaged interior of the upcoming compact-SUV. It also reveals few of the features including a touch-screen infotainment display centrally-mounted on the dashboard.
The steering and the infotainment look to be borrowed the Triber model in the brand's line-up. However, the steering wheel features audio controls and the infotainment screen is expected to feature an eSIM to enable the brand's connected technology. It also features separate dials for automatic climate control and a digital instrument cluster that is expected to be similar to the ones seen on the Triber compact-MPV.
We can also see in the images that the compact-SUV only has two foot pedals one for brake and accelerator respectively. This indicates that the model spied here could be a CVT automatic variant.
Renault is expected to offer the Kiger with 1.0-litre petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Triber. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
The other powertrain setup and the highlight of the Kiger are expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
The Kiger SUV will underpin the same CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The spy images also reveal the compact-SUVs tall-riding stance, flared wheel arches, a split headlamp setup with DRLs placed next to the grille and main headlamps placed on the bumpers. The test mule also seems to use steel wheels with cover indicating the alloy wheels could be offered on top-spec trims.
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market. However, its biggest competition will be the upcoming compact-SUV from Nissan called the Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch
Renault is entering a new segment with the Kiger SUV in the Indian market. The compact-SUVs have become increasingly popular because of the practicality it offers for the price. The Kiger will be facing some of the well-established rivals when launched in the market this year.