- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
French auto manufacturer, Renault is gearing up to launch a new compact-SUV in the Indian market. It is internally named as 'HBC' and could be called as the 'Kiger' when launched. The SUV is expected to be launched sometime in October this year.
Ahead of the launch, the interiors of the Renault Kiger has been spied. Spy images from Autocar India reveal a partly-camouflaged interior of the upcoming compact-SUV. It also reveals few of the features including a touch-screen infotainment display centrally-mounted on the dashboard.
The steering and the infotainment look to be borrowed the Triber model in the brand's line-up. However, the steering wheel features audio controls and the infotainment screen is expected to feature an eSIM to enable the brand's connected technology. It also features separate dials for automatic climate control and a digital instrument cluster that is expected to be similar to the ones seen on the Triber compact-MPV.
We can also see in the images that the compact-SUV only has two foot pedals one for brake and accelerator respectively. This indicates that the model spied here could be a CVT automatic variant.
Renault is expected to offer the Kiger with 1.0-litre petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Triber. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
The other powertrain setup and the highlight of the Kiger are expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
The Kiger SUV will underpin the same CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The spy images also reveal the compact-SUVs tall-riding stance, flared wheel arches, a split headlamp setup with DRLs placed next to the grille and main headlamps placed on the bumpers. The test mule also seems to use steel wheels with cover indicating the alloy wheels could be offered on top-spec trims.
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market. However, its biggest competition will be the upcoming compact-SUV from Nissan called the Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch
Renault is entering a new segment with the Kiger SUV in the Indian market. The compact-SUVs have become increasingly popular because of the practicality it offers for the price. The Kiger will be facing some of the well-established rivals when launched in the market this year.