- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Renault will be launching the Kiger next year in the Indian market. The Kiger codenamed HBC will be placed in the compact-SUV segment in the country. It was expected to arrive in the market sometime by the end of this year.
According to recent reports from ET Auto, the company has decided delay the launch of the Kiger to next year. Renault has note revealed the reason behind the delayed in Kiger's arrival in the market.
However, we expect that the dealy could be caused due to disruptions in the supply chain during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. As a result, the company might have decided to launch the SUV next year.
Ahead of its launch, the Kiger compact-SUV has been spied several times testing in the country. The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up.
Based on the spy images, the Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design. To match the exterior looks, the SUV is also expected to feature chunky alloy wheels as well.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, and a factory-fitted sunroof.
Renault is expected to be offered with two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
However, the highlight of the Kiger is expected by the inclusion of a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and and the Kia Sonet in the Indian market. However, its biggest competition will be the upcoming compact-SUV from Nissan called the Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced many manufactures to postpone their launch timelines in the country. The Renault Kiger will be placed in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in India. It will also have a close competitor in the form of Nissan Magnite, which is expected to arrive by this year.