- 37 min ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 hr ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- News Will bring in law to prevent 'love jihad' in Kerala if voted to power: BJP
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Movies Netizens Hail Hrithik Roshan As He Appears Before Police To Record Statement In Relation To A 2016 Case
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Renault has unveiled the concept version of its all-new upcoming compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. Along with the showcase of the concept, the French carmaker also confirmed that the upcoming compact-SUV will be called the 'Kiger'.
While the car unveiled is still a concept, it does give us an insight of what we can expect on the final production version. Starting with the design, the concept showcases a dual headlamp setup at the front, with the LED DRLs on top and the main headlamp unit down on the bumper.
The Daytime Running Lights can further be seen extended over the front grille, with a massive Renault logo at its centre. The front bumper also houses a large central air dam at the centre, with silver finished skid plates below it.
The bonnet and the side profile of the SUV feature a muscular look, with creases and lines, accentuating the design. The concept also features extended wheel arches with a black-cladding, which adds to the SUV character. The wheels come with a radical design, which obviously will not make it to production.
The compact-SUV could also feature a dual-tone paint scheme, with the ORVMs with integrated turn indicators finished in black. The concept also features door handles, which sit flush with the body panels, which is a nice touch. There are also blacked-out roof rails, which on the production-spec could be finished in silver.
The rear profile will come with C-shaped LED tail lights, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp. The concept SUV also features a centrally-mounted exhaust tips, which is unlikely to make it to production, but would look cool if it did!
No other details of the upcoming Renault Kiger compact-SUV has been revealed. This includes the interiors. However, we do expect the production-spec Kiger SUV to feature large digital instrument cluster, touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, electric sunroof and a host of other features and equipment as well.
In terms of engine options, while there is no official information we expect the Renault Kiger to come powered by two petrol engines: a 1.0-litre NA unit and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol offering, with power and torque figures similar to its cousin, the Nissan Magnite. Transmission options will come in the form of either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Concept SUV Unveil
The Renault Kiger is expected to go on sale in India some time in mid-2021. Once introduced in the Indian market, the Kiger compact-SUV will take on rivals such as the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and even the Nissan Magnite.