- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Renault Kiger compact-SUV has been spotted again ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The French auto manufacturer is expected to launch the Kiger SUV sometime in the next year.
The spy images from Rushlane reveals a heavily camouflaged mule testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. The images reveal the upcoming compact-SUVs split-headlamp setup, the brand's signature grille design, and LED tail-lamps.
The company has not revealed many details about the upcoming Kiger compact-SUV. It is codenamed internally as the HBC, and the ‘Kiger' moniker might not be the final name of the SUV.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up. The spy images also reveal the compact-SUVs tall-riding stance. This will result in Kiger having a good amount of cabin space, that can comfortably seat five. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, and a factory-fitted sunroof.
Renault is expected to be offered with two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
However, the highlight of the Kiger is expected by the inclusion of a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market. However, its biggest competition will be the upcoming compact-SUV from Nissan called the Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of Its Launch
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of new features, and a turbo-petrol powertrain. The upcoming compact-SUV will be placed against some of the well-established rivals in the segment. In addition to this, the Kiger will have a close competition with the upcoming Nissan Magnite as well.