- 5 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
The Renault Kiger compact-SUV has been spotted again ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The French auto manufacturer is expected to launch the Kiger SUV sometime in the next year.
The spy images from Rushlane reveals a heavily camouflaged mule testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. The images reveal the upcoming compact-SUVs split-headlamp setup, the brand's signature grille design, and LED tail-lamps.
The company has not revealed many details about the upcoming Kiger compact-SUV. It is codenamed internally as the HBC, and the ‘Kiger' moniker might not be the final name of the SUV.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up. The spy images also reveal the compact-SUVs tall-riding stance. This will result in Kiger having a good amount of cabin space, that can comfortably seat five. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, and a factory-fitted sunroof.
Renault is expected to be offered with two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV. It produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional AMT.
However, the highlight of the Kiger is expected by the inclusion of a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Codenamed ‘HR10' the 1.0-litre engine is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo-petrol motor could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
Once launched, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market. However, its biggest competition will be the upcoming compact-SUV from Nissan called the Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of Its Launch
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of new features, and a turbo-petrol powertrain. The upcoming compact-SUV will be placed against some of the well-established rivals in the segment. In addition to this, the Kiger will have a close competition with the upcoming Nissan Magnite as well.