- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing on a number of occasions on the India roads. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The Kiger was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but, according to a recent report by Autocar India, the compact SUV will go on sale around October 2020, which is the festive season.
From the early spy images, it was seen that the compact SUV features the split-headlamp setup, the brand's signature grille design, and LED tail-lamps.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
Moving to the interiors, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 95bhp of power. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV and the unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of new features, and a turbo-petrol powertrain that will make it fun to drive in the city. However, once launched, the Renault Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.