- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing on a number of occasions on the India roads. The Kiger (codename HBC) will be a sub-4m SUV compact SUV from the company. The Kiger was supposed to make its debut sometime early next year, but, according to a recent report by Autocar India, the compact SUV will go on sale around October 2020, which is the festive season.
From the early spy images, it was seen that the compact SUV features the split-headlamp setup, the brand's signature grille design, and LED tail-lamps.
The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber. The compact SUV will be having a good amount of cabin space that can comfortably accommodate five people. The Renault Kiger is expected to feature a rugged design with large wheel arches, bold crease lines and a floating-roof design.
Moving to the interiors, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features for enhanced connectivity and convenience at the same time. The features are likely to include a multifunction steering wheel with steering mounted controls, climate control system, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology, out of many. The Kiger is also likely to get a factory-fitted sunroof.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger is likely to be powered by two 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine options. The first unit is expected to be a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine (codenamed ‘HR10') is expected to produce around 95bhp of power. The turbo-petrol motor could be coupled to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the lower-spec naturally aspirated engine is expected to be borrowed from the Renault Triber MPV and the unit produces 71bhp of power and 96Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with an optional AMT gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV
The Renault Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of new features, and a turbo-petrol powertrain that will make it fun to drive in the city. However, once launched, the Renault Kiger will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.