- 3 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- News PM Modi addresses BJP workers from all over India on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya's birth anniversary
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil On Coping With His Dad's Death: I Hate Realizing Everyday That You're Gone
- Finance Bottled Water Tycoon Surpasses Jack Ma's Wealth To Become China's Richest
- Sports Dean Jones death: Brett Lee tried to revive former Australia batsman with CPR
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
French automaker, Renault will be launching a new powerful variant of its flagship Duster SUV in the Indian market. Called the Duster Turbo will feature an all-new turbo-petrol engine along with few cosmetic upgrades as well.
The upcoming Duster turbo-petrol variant was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the market. However, the launch timelines were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Renault Duster turbo-petrol will be powered by the The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre, four-cylinder, the engine produces 156bhp and 245Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol mill is said to be using the same cylinder coating technology as the ones seen on Nissan GT-R supercar. It will also feature a dual variable valve timing for superior performance.
The ‘HR13' 1.3-litre unit has been jointly developed by Daimler and Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, which was introduced during December 2017. The engine is currently being used by Mercedes-Benz, Renault, Nissan and Dacia on different models in the respective brand's line-up. The 2020 Nissan Kicks sold in the Indian market is also powered by the same engine.
Renault will offer the new turbo-petrol engine with a standard six-speed manual transmission along with an optional CVT automatic. The engine and transmission options could be offered on the top-spec trims of the Duster.
The company decided to introduce the new turbo-petrol engine as a replacement to the old K9K diesel engine. The 1.5-litre diesel engine was not updated to meet the BS6 emission standards and has been discontinued in the Indian market. It used to produce 108bhp and 245Nm of torque.
The compact-SUV is currently powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine. It produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Along with the new engine, the Duster Turbo model will also feature a couple of cosmetic upgrades over the standard model. The SUV showcased at the Auto Expo featured red colour inserts on the front grille, fog lamp housing, and on the Duster badging placed on the tailgate.
Other changes noticed includes a new set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. Apart from these changes, all other features such as touchscreen infotainment system, instrument cluster and others will be borrowed from the standard model.
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch
The Renault Duster is now the brand's flagship model after the Captur was discontinued in the market. The SUV is struggling in terms of sales numbers against its newly revised rivals. However, with the launch of turbo variant, the Duster will be receiving an engine that will offer segment-best performance. The sales numbers could pick up once the new variant is launched this month.