- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh And Deepika Padukone's manager Karishma Prakash Arrive At NCB Office
- Technology Dell G7 15 7500 With Intel 10th-Gen CPU & Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Paves Way To India
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
French automaker, Renault has launched the much-awaited Duster Turbo variant in the Indian market. Prices for the new Duster Turbo variant starts at Rs 10.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new variant features a powerful 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine along with manual and automatic transmission options.
The Duster Turbo is available in five variants, which includes two automatic trims. The RXE, RXS, and RXZ manual variants retail at 10.49 lakh, 11.39 lakh and 11.99 lakh, respectively. While the RXS and the RXZ automatic trims cost Rs 12.99 lakh and Rs 13.59 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Speaking about the new powertrain on the SUV, the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 154bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 254Nm at 1600rpm. The engine features the brand's latest technologies such as (GDI) Gasoline Direct Injection and (D-VVT) Dual Variable Valve Timing that offers benchmark performance and reduced emissions.
The engine is offered with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed X-Tronic CVT automatic transmission with manual mode. With the new engine and gearbox options, the Duster Turbo becomes the most powerful SUV in the segment in India. According to the company, the new engine will return a mileage of 16.5 km/l paired to a manual transmission and 16.42 km/l in the CVT versions.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & Managing Director, Renault India Operations, said, "The launch of Renault DUSTER equipped with the 1.3L Turbo Petrol engine marks a new chapter in the DUSTER journey in India. This is a world-class engine and powers our successful global SUVs and Crossovers like Kadjar and Arkana. DUSTER has achieved an iconic status in one of the most dynamic automotive markets."
He further added, "Over the years, adventure enthusiasts and numerous Indian families have established a strong bond with this True SUV. The bold and more powerful DUSTER will surely inspire more people to join the growing family of adventure seekers and explore new terrains and horizons, as well as enjoy the effortless driving experience."
Apart from the new powertrain, the Duster Turbo variant features subtle changes inside and out over the standard model. This includes crimson-red accents on the grille, tailgate, roof rails and fog lamp cover. The grille itself has a new tri-winged design with a chrome finish as well.
Other changes include dual-tone body colour front bumper, skid plates at both ends, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lamps and the all-new 17-inch ‘Forza' diamond-cut alloy wheel that enhances the commanding look of the Duster Turbo.
On the inside, it receives an all-black treatment that offers the cabin a new look and feel. The dual-tone dashboard features a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's voice recognition with EcoGuide.
The Duster is offered with ARKAMYS premium audio system with 4 speakers and 2 front tweeters for enhanced in-car entertainment. The SUV also features a remote pre-cooling function which allows the customers to switch on the engine and start the air conditioning even before entering the car with the key fob.
Other features include premium blue glazed seats, cruise control, instrument cluster with a MID, a smart Start/Stop function, automatic climate control, a multi-function steering wheel with mounted controls; among others.
The safety net on the new Duster includes (ABS) with (EBD), multiple airbags, hill-start assist, rear parking sensors, seat belt reminder and speed alert. All these safety features are standard across all versions of the Renault Duster.
The company also announced loyalty benefits such as an AMC package to customers, who are willing to purchase the new Duster Turbo by exchanging their old Duster model. The SUV is still being offered with the existing 1.5-litre petrol engine as well.
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Turbo Launched In India
The Renault Duster is currently the brand's flagship SUV in the Indian market. The company has given the SUV a much needed updated to boost sales in the market. The Turbo variant offers best-in-class performance along with subtle upgrades to enhance the SUV's looks.