- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Renault has announced a price hike for its entire product range in the Indian market. The French carmaker has stated that the increase in prices will be effective from the 1st of January 2021.
All three Renault products will receive a price hike of up to Rs 28,000, however, the exact price increase depends on the model and variant chosen. Renault has cited increasing input costs and other affiliated cost increases due to the pandemic as the main reasons for the price hike on its models.
The company released an official statement, stating,
"India is one of the key global markets for Groupe Renault and the brand has some of the most popular global products in its portfolio, led by Kwid, which is one of the top cars for the group globally. Triber continues to garner an overwhelming response and has established itself as a breakthrough product. Duster kept on building on its legacy and has set itself apart as a true SUV, with superior capabilities and enhanced features."
The company also stated that the newer variant additions to its model lineup in the second half of 2020, has helped strengthen its sales in India. This includes the Duster Turbo and the Kwid Neo-Tech Edition and the Triber AMT.
Currently, the French carmaker has three models in the market. The Renault Kwid which is offered with a price range between Rs 2.99 lakh to Rs 5.12 lakh. The Renault Triber is offered between Rs 5.12 lakh to Rs 7.34 lakh and the Duster SUV comes with a price tag ranging between Rs 8.59 lakh to Rs 13.59 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The company will soon be adding another product to its model lineup, in the form of the Renault Kiger. The new product will be positioned below the Duster SUV in the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others.
Thoughts On The Renault India Price Hike From January 2021
Renault India is the latest carmaker in the country to announce a price hike on their model lineup. The company to offset the price hike next month is offering heavy discounts and benefits in December 2020, making it the best time to bring home a new Renault.