- 40 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reveals The Three Things She Carries To Bed
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
Bengaluru based online bus ticketing platform, RedBus.in, has announced a resumption of services with 12 private operators on its platform. As is, services are available only within West Bengal.
The current routes that have been opened connect the cities of Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Raniganj and Durgapur.
A press release by the company said that a resumption of services of intra-state busses will end the long, and rather anxious wait for hundreds of travellers who have been wanting to travel over the last few months wherein a nationwide lockdown was in effect.
The brand says that over 75 private buses will operate across these routes, and will offer a combined capacity of over 2,200 seats a day. The company forecasts that demand for travel to bigger cities will increase as thousands hope to return to work at the earliest.
The brand recently introduced pre-registrations on their ticketing platform in order to help travellers tide over any confusion about routes that are open and those that are not.
A traveller has to fill in basic information about themselves, and also mention a route they want to travel. Users are automatically notified when buses become available along the mentioned route(s).
The brand has launched Safety+, a one-of-its-kind certification for bus operators who meet the highest available standards for passenger safety, and vehicle sanitisation.
Founded in 2006, redBus is a subsidiary of the Ibibo Group, and is also part of the country's leading online travel company, MakeMyTrip Limited. The brand connected over 2,500 bus operators and has registered over 18 crore trips.
The company operates in six countries - India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Peru, and Columbia, and boasts of a customer base of over 1.8 crore. In 2018 the brand achieved a GMV of Rs 5,000 crore, with a 70 percent share in the Indian market.
Thoughts About RedBus Resuming Operations In West Bengal
This is good news for micro, and State economies. Also more vehicular movement will indirect help the components and spare parts industries as well. We expect intra-state bus services to be restored to more states across the country over the next few weeks.