- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Bengaluru based online bus ticketing platform, RedBus.in, has announced a resumption of services with 12 private operators on its platform. As is, services are available only within West Bengal.
The current routes that have been opened connect the cities of Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Raniganj and Durgapur.
A press release by the company said that a resumption of services of intra-state busses will end the long, and rather anxious wait for hundreds of travellers who have been wanting to travel over the last few months wherein a nationwide lockdown was in effect.
The brand says that over 75 private buses will operate across these routes, and will offer a combined capacity of over 2,200 seats a day. The company forecasts that demand for travel to bigger cities will increase as thousands hope to return to work at the earliest.
The brand recently introduced pre-registrations on their ticketing platform in order to help travellers tide over any confusion about routes that are open and those that are not.
A traveller has to fill in basic information about themselves, and also mention a route they want to travel. Users are automatically notified when buses become available along the mentioned route(s).
The brand has launched Safety+, a one-of-its-kind certification for bus operators who meet the highest available standards for passenger safety, and vehicle sanitisation.
Founded in 2006, redBus is a subsidiary of the Ibibo Group, and is also part of the country's leading online travel company, MakeMyTrip Limited. The brand connected over 2,500 bus operators and has registered over 18 crore trips.
The company operates in six countries - India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Peru, and Columbia, and boasts of a customer base of over 1.8 crore. In 2018 the brand achieved a GMV of Rs 5,000 crore, with a 70 percent share in the Indian market.
Thoughts About RedBus Resuming Operations In West Bengal
This is good news for micro, and State economies. Also more vehicular movement will indirect help the components and spare parts industries as well. We expect intra-state bus services to be restored to more states across the country over the next few weeks.