- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay’s Remuneration For His Tollywood Debut Film Will Amaze You
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
India's largest bike taxi platform, Rapido announced that the expansion of its three-wheeler auto services in new cities. The ride-hailing platform has expanded its new service to 11 new cities. The service will cater to commuters looking to book autos for their everyday commute from the comfort and safety of their home.
The new service has been launched in cities from Delhi-NCR Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh. With the addition of new cities, the auto hailing service has now expanded to a total of 25 new cities in the country.
Rapido Auto service was launched in 14 key Indian cities across 10 states in October 2020 and witnessed an overwhelming response and demand leading to the expansion of the service. It has plans to onboard more than half a million in the next six months and interested auto drivers can self-onboard themselves by downloading Rapido Captain App or calling the Rapido helpline number.
Each Rapido auto will be powered with Rapido's GPS technology ensuring access to continuous demand from customers around them. Through Rapido Auto, users will be able to track and share their ride in real-time, with their loved ones.
The company has also announced several initiatives towards maintaining safety and following guidelines to protect the customer and the Captain. The captains serving for auto-rickshaw service will be expected to sanitize and clean the seats and all customer accessible areas, post every ride, along with mandatory usage of masks during the entire ride by the Captains and the passengers.
On the expansion of Rapido Auto, Mr Aravind Sanka, Co-Founder, Rapido, said, "We are witnessing a rapid demand and adoption of open and safe commute option in comparison to over-crowded public transport and expensive cabs. Autos have emerged as a preferred way of the commuting post the COVID-19 pandemic after bike taxis. Through Rapido Auto, we aim to offer commuters another safe and affordable option for their everyday commute, apart from our Bike Taxi service and hope that it fills the gap of connectivity in these cities."
On the launch of Rapido Auto in Delhi, Mr Mahesh Sharma, Member of Parliament, Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar), said, "Autos are increasingly being trusted as a preferred mode of transport, post the pandemic situation, as it is more open and affordable. With the launch of Rapido, I hope that we can standardize the prices and operations in the city to make it accessible to everyone."
Thoughts About The Rapido Auto Enters New Cities In India
The auto-rickshaw riding hailing service is among the cheapest forms of ride-sharing service in the country. Rapido has now expanded the service outreach to new cities across India offering its users an additional option to choose apart from the bike taxis service that the brand is known for.