- 50 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
India's largest bike taxi platform, Rapido announced that the expansion of its three-wheeler auto services in new cities. The ride-hailing platform has expanded its new service to 11 new cities. The service will cater to commuters looking to book autos for their everyday commute from the comfort and safety of their home.
The new service has been launched in cities from Delhi-NCR Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh. With the addition of new cities, the auto hailing service has now expanded to a total of 25 new cities in the country.
Rapido Auto service was launched in 14 key Indian cities across 10 states in October 2020 and witnessed an overwhelming response and demand leading to the expansion of the service. It has plans to onboard more than half a million in the next six months and interested auto drivers can self-onboard themselves by downloading Rapido Captain App or calling the Rapido helpline number.
Each Rapido auto will be powered with Rapido's GPS technology ensuring access to continuous demand from customers around them. Through Rapido Auto, users will be able to track and share their ride in real-time, with their loved ones.
The company has also announced several initiatives towards maintaining safety and following guidelines to protect the customer and the Captain. The captains serving for auto-rickshaw service will be expected to sanitize and clean the seats and all customer accessible areas, post every ride, along with mandatory usage of masks during the entire ride by the Captains and the passengers.
On the expansion of Rapido Auto, Mr Aravind Sanka, Co-Founder, Rapido, said, "We are witnessing a rapid demand and adoption of open and safe commute option in comparison to over-crowded public transport and expensive cabs. Autos have emerged as a preferred way of the commuting post the COVID-19 pandemic after bike taxis. Through Rapido Auto, we aim to offer commuters another safe and affordable option for their everyday commute, apart from our Bike Taxi service and hope that it fills the gap of connectivity in these cities."
On the launch of Rapido Auto in Delhi, Mr Mahesh Sharma, Member of Parliament, Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar), said, "Autos are increasingly being trusted as a preferred mode of transport, post the pandemic situation, as it is more open and affordable. With the launch of Rapido, I hope that we can standardize the prices and operations in the city to make it accessible to everyone."
Thoughts About The Rapido Auto Enters New Cities In India
The auto-rickshaw riding hailing service is among the cheapest forms of ride-sharing service in the country. Rapido has now expanded the service outreach to new cities across India offering its users an additional option to choose apart from the bike taxis service that the brand is known for.