- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Since our natural resources are getting scarce, automobile manufacturers are focusing more on electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids as they are said to be the future of mobility. Jaguar Land Rover has been thinking on the same lines and the company has finally introduced the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) technology.
Both SUVs offer a driving range of around 60km using their electric motor along. This has been tested and verified by the WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) cycle. The tests also revealed that both SUVs gave out extremely low CO2 emissions of just 32g/km as well.
Both the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with plug-in hybrid electric vehicles have been codenamed the P300e. Both SUVs are powered by a brand new 1.5-litre three-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine producing 197bhp on its own. This engine is further paired with an electric motor, which churns out 106.bhp. The electric motor comes linked to a 15kWh battery pack sourced from Samsung.
The combined power figures of the engine and the electric motor, stands at 298bhp and 540Nm of peak torque. The new engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. The electric motor with the petrol engine, allows both SUVs to power through from 0 - 100km/h quicker than its conventional petrol-powered siblings.
Both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will be getting a Mode 2 cable that will be connected to a 3-pin socket. The batteries are capable of a full charge in 6 hours and 42 mins. There is also the option of a DC fast-charger, capable of charging the batteries up to 80% in just 30 minutes.
As far as the design and interiors are concerned, both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles remain more or less unchanged. The Evoque P300e and the Discovery Sport P300e are expected to go on sale in international markets at the end of 2021 and there is no news of JLR bringing the PHEVs to Indian shores.
Thoughts On The Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles By JLR
As we mentioned that our natural resources are getting scarce, JLR by introducing the PHEV SUVs will be contributing a lot towards a cleaner environment. We are hoping that the company brings the PHEVs to our shores in the near future.