- 35 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Technology How To Use Amazon Smart Plug To Make Your Appliances Smart
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- News 2020’s most searched Indian politicians
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Since our natural resources are getting scarce, automobile manufacturers are focusing more on electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids as they are said to be the future of mobility. Jaguar Land Rover has been thinking on the same lines and the company has finally introduced the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) technology.
Both SUVs offer a driving range of around 60km using their electric motor along. This has been tested and verified by the WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) cycle. The tests also revealed that both SUVs gave out extremely low CO2 emissions of just 32g/km as well.
Both the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport with plug-in hybrid electric vehicles have been codenamed the P300e. Both SUVs are powered by a brand new 1.5-litre three-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine producing 197bhp on its own. This engine is further paired with an electric motor, which churns out 106.bhp. The electric motor comes linked to a 15kWh battery pack sourced from Samsung.
The combined power figures of the engine and the electric motor, stands at 298bhp and 540Nm of peak torque. The new engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. The electric motor with the petrol engine, allows both SUVs to power through from 0 - 100km/h quicker than its conventional petrol-powered siblings.
Both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will be getting a Mode 2 cable that will be connected to a 3-pin socket. The batteries are capable of a full charge in 6 hours and 42 mins. There is also the option of a DC fast-charger, capable of charging the batteries up to 80% in just 30 minutes.
As far as the design and interiors are concerned, both the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles remain more or less unchanged. The Evoque P300e and the Discovery Sport P300e are expected to go on sale in international markets at the end of 2021 and there is no news of JLR bringing the PHEVs to Indian shores.
Thoughts On The Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles By JLR
As we mentioned that our natural resources are getting scarce, JLR by introducing the PHEV SUVs will be contributing a lot towards a cleaner environment. We are hoping that the company brings the PHEVs to our shores in the near future.