- 5 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 21 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 23 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports Lampard sacking shows 'brutality' of football, says Mourinho
- News Sasikala is conscious, alert and well oriented: Bangaluru Hospital
- Movies Sonali Phogat Takes A Dig At Rubina Dilaik; Says She Can Do Fareb To Win The Show
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Racing Team India - the all-new all-Indian endurance racing team will be competing at the 2021 Asian Le Mans series. Confirming its entry into the Asian Le Mans series, Racing Team India has created history to become the first all-Indian team to compete in endurance racing on an international stage.
The team will run in the series' LMP2 Category, using an ORECA 07 car, finished in the Indian tricolour livery. The all-Indian team will also have the technical support from Algarve Pro Racing, who are currently the defending champions in the 2021 Asian Le Mans Series.
Racing Team India will be led by India's first and former Formula 1 driver, Narain Karthikeyan. He will be joined by Arjun Maini who raced with Algarve Pro Racing in the European Le Mans last season. The final driver will be Naveen Rao, the 2020 IMSA Prototype Challenge Champion.
Narain Karthikeyan told PTI, "I have been dreaming of going back to Le Mans for a few years now. This is probably the most exciting project in my career as a racing driver. We have a young and fledgeling team and it will no doubt be a big test for us, but I am confident of doing well."
Arjun Maini also commented, "I am glad to be back to racing so soon after the 2020 European Le Mans season and I do believe that Algarve Pro Racing Team, the defending Asian Le Mans Series champions, gives us the best possible chance of securing an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans."
The team will be led by Gautam Singhania, an accomplished racing driver as well as a member of the FIA World Motor Sport Council. The Racing Team India will also be partnered with JK Tyres for their debut season at the Asian Le Mans.
Talking a bit about the 2021 Asian Le Mans itself, the series will be held between the 5th and 6th of February next year in Abu Dhabi. The winner of the Asian Le Mans Series will automatically get entered into the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is something Racing Team India have their eyes on.
Thoughts On The Racing Team India At The Asian Le Mans Series
This is a huge boost to Indian motorsports, with an all-Indian team participating on a global stage for the first time. The Racing Team India have definitely created history.