- 26 min ago Vazirani Automotive Reveals Radical Ekonk Electric Hypercar Concept
- 1 hr ago Revolt Motors Opens EV Bike Dealership In Bangalore
- 1 hr ago 3 Cars With Adaptive Cruise Control And Advanced Driver Assistance In India
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Dominar 400 With Factory Fitted Touring Upgrades Launched At Rs 2.17 Lakhs — Ready To Ride
- Sports Kohli handled defeat with so much grace, shows he is secure person: Former Pakistan captain Sana Mir
- Movies Sooryavanshi Song Mere Yaaraa Teaser: Akshay Kumar And Katrina Kaif's Dreamy Chemistry Is A Visual Delight
- Education DUET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For MPhil, PhD Exams, Raise Objections Till October 27
- Lifestyle New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- Finance LIC's Jeevan Shiromani: An High Return Investment Opportunity
- News DNA of those who burst firecrackers in India on Pakistan’s win cannot be Indian: Anil Vij
- Technology Facebook Profile Lock: Here’s How To Lock Your Facebook Profile
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
Racing Team India - the all-new all-Indian endurance racing team will be competing at the 2021 Asian Le Mans series. Confirming its entry into the Asian Le Mans series, Racing Team India has created history to become the first all-Indian team to compete in endurance racing on an international stage.
The team will run in the series' LMP2 Category, using an ORECA 07 car, finished in the Indian tricolour livery. The all-Indian team will also have the technical support from Algarve Pro Racing, who are currently the defending champions in the 2021 Asian Le Mans Series.
Racing Team India will be led by India's first and former Formula 1 driver, Narain Karthikeyan. He will be joined by Arjun Maini who raced with Algarve Pro Racing in the European Le Mans last season. The final driver will be Naveen Rao, the 2020 IMSA Prototype Challenge Champion.
Narain Karthikeyan told PTI, "I have been dreaming of going back to Le Mans for a few years now. This is probably the most exciting project in my career as a racing driver. We have a young and fledgeling team and it will no doubt be a big test for us, but I am confident of doing well."
Arjun Maini also commented, "I am glad to be back to racing so soon after the 2020 European Le Mans season and I do believe that Algarve Pro Racing Team, the defending Asian Le Mans Series champions, gives us the best possible chance of securing an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans."
The team will be led by Gautam Singhania, an accomplished racing driver as well as a member of the FIA World Motor Sport Council. The Racing Team India will also be partnered with JK Tyres for their debut season at the Asian Le Mans.
Talking a bit about the 2021 Asian Le Mans itself, the series will be held between the 5th and 6th of February next year in Abu Dhabi. The winner of the Asian Le Mans Series will automatically get entered into the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is something Racing Team India have their eyes on.
Thoughts On The Racing Team India At The Asian Le Mans Series
This is a huge boost to Indian motorsports, with an all-Indian team participating on a global stage for the first time. The Racing Team India have definitely created history.