- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 15 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports IPL 2021: Punjab Kings domestic team members reach home safely, confirm franchise
- News Where did the 'out of control' Chinese rocket debris land after re-entering Earth?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Sugar Stocks Could See A Solid Rally
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Racing Team India - the all-new all-Indian endurance racing team will be competing at the 2021 Asian Le Mans series. Confirming its entry into the Asian Le Mans series, Racing Team India has created history to become the first all-Indian team to compete in endurance racing on an international stage.
The team will run in the series' LMP2 Category, using an ORECA 07 car, finished in the Indian tricolour livery. The all-Indian team will also have the technical support from Algarve Pro Racing, who are currently the defending champions in the 2021 Asian Le Mans Series.
Racing Team India will be led by India's first and former Formula 1 driver, Narain Karthikeyan. He will be joined by Arjun Maini who raced with Algarve Pro Racing in the European Le Mans last season. The final driver will be Naveen Rao, the 2020 IMSA Prototype Challenge Champion.
Narain Karthikeyan told PTI, "I have been dreaming of going back to Le Mans for a few years now. This is probably the most exciting project in my career as a racing driver. We have a young and fledgeling team and it will no doubt be a big test for us, but I am confident of doing well."
Arjun Maini also commented, "I am glad to be back to racing so soon after the 2020 European Le Mans season and I do believe that Algarve Pro Racing Team, the defending Asian Le Mans Series champions, gives us the best possible chance of securing an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans."
The team will be led by Gautam Singhania, an accomplished racing driver as well as a member of the FIA World Motor Sport Council. The Racing Team India will also be partnered with JK Tyres for their debut season at the Asian Le Mans.
Talking a bit about the 2021 Asian Le Mans itself, the series will be held between the 5th and 6th of February next year in Abu Dhabi. The winner of the Asian Le Mans Series will automatically get entered into the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is something Racing Team India have their eyes on.
Thoughts On The Racing Team India At The Asian Le Mans Series
This is a huge boost to Indian motorsports, with an all-Indian team participating on a global stage for the first time. The Racing Team India have definitely created history.