- 18 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Why has the Lankan MP’s links to Kasargod come under the ambit of the Indian agencies
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Porsche have announced that its Cayenne performance SUV has achieved 1 million units of production. The company had first launched the SUV back in the year 2002, and within two decades, the luxury performance SUV has achieved a new milestone for the brand.
The one-millionth Cayenne rolled off the production line in Bratislava in Slovakia. The milestone unit is a GTS in Carmine Red that was delivered to a German customer. According to the company, the Cayenne continues to set new standards and to surpass itself. It rescued the company from a crisis, pioneered hybridisation and set new records.
Porsche have introduced three generations of the Cayenne with the latest iteration of the SUV arriving in India back in 2018. Price for the Cayenne performance luxury SUV starts at Rs 1.2 crore, ex-showroom (India).
Porsche sells two types of Cayenne in the Indian market: SUV and Coupe. Further, the SUV model is available in three variants: Standard, E-Hybrid and the Turbo. The E-Hybrid and the Turbo models retail at Rs 1.58 crore and 1.92 crores, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Cayenne standard model is powered by a 3.0-litre V6 engine producing a maximum of 338bhp and a peak torque of 450Nm. The V6 engine comes mated to a Tiptronic S 8-speed gearbox.
On the other hand, the Cayenne Turbo model is powered by a more powerful 4.0-litre V8 twin-turbo engine producing 548bhp and 770Nm of peak torque. The transmission remains the same as the standard variant.
Moving the hybrid variant of the SUV called the E-Hybrid, it is powered by the same engine and transmission as the standard variant. However, Porsche has equipped the hybrid SUV with a 100kW electric motor supporting the combustion powertrain. Together they produce 460bhp and a peak torque of 700Nm.
The Cayenne comes loaded with a host of technology and features including an active suspension system for enhanced handling characteristics. Other features include multiple drive modes, a larger touchscreen infotainment system, cockpit-style fully digital instrument cluster and more.
Thoughts About Porsche Cayenne Reaching 1 Million Units Production
Porsche Cayenne is known to have started the performance SUV segment in the world. The SUV offers outright performance and handling characteristics like a sports car, yet it is practical for everyday use offering maximum cabin space due to the design. The Cayenne is among the most popular model currently sold in the luxury SUV segment.