- 7 min ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- Movies Acharya: Ram Charan And Pooja Hegde Start Shooting For A Dance Number
- News TMC candidate list 2021: Emphasis likely to be more on women candidates
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
An owner of a Porsche Carrera S has been fined a whopping Rs 27.68 lakh for traffic violation by the Ahmedabad Police. The police had stopped the Porsche during a routine check.
Interestingly, the Ahmedabad Police had apprised citizen of the routine check they were conducting. The information was released to the public during the end of November last year.
Why Rs 27.68 lakh? Well, at the time, the driver was found without valid documents for the vehicle. In addition, both registration plates were missing. The police impounded the Porsche and a fine of Rs 9.80 was imposed.
Six weeks after the incident, the police say they have not heard from the owner. The RTO did some digging-in and found that there were more violations - The vehicle, registered as JH01DB0524, has an outstanding balance-tax order of Rs 16 lakh for the period January 2020 to August 2033.
The Ahmedabad RTO has now revised the fine. It includes the outstanding Motor Vehicle Tax of Rs 16 lakh, and fines & penalties worth Rs 4 lakh. The RTO has also added interest of Rs 7.68 lakh on the outstanding Motor Vehicle Tax amount, bring the total amount to Rs 27.68 lakh.
The said police department said that this amount is one of the highest fines ever levied in the country.
Motorists need to carry a vehicle's registration certificate, valid insurance papers, a valid pollution-under-control certificate, and a valid driver's license while riding or driving a vehicle.
While this mandatory by law, the government allows for motorists to carry digital copies of the documents over the DigiLocker smartphone application instead of a physical copy.
Fines for traffic violations were increased recently and have been listed under the Motor Vehicle Amendment Act 2019. Motorists however, still choose to violate as many rules as possible.
Thoughts About The Rs 27.68 Lakh Fine Levied On The Owner Of The Porsche
Good. We think the owner deserves this Rs 27.68 lakh fine for all the nonsense he's been up to. Had all the dues been paid in time, and had documents been in place, the owner could have happily bought a Jeep Compass Trialhawk this year.
We have seen a few people get fined over the last few months, but nothing as heavy as this! Makes one wonder how people get away with things like outstanding taxes.