- 2 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Ducati Scrambler Range Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.99 Lakh
- News Unlike other parties, we have 'neta', 'niyat' to take BJP forward: BJP chief Nadda
- Sports IPL 2021: BCCI to host IPL 14 Auction on February 18, claims official; venue not decided yet
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal’s Wedding Venue Is Nothing Less Than A Visual Delight; See Pics
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Finance How To Apply For An Aadhaar PVC Card Through UIDAI Portal?
- Education UPSC Civil Services 2021: No Extra Attempt For Aspirants Who Missed Exam Due To COVID
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
German sports car manufacturer, Porsche has launched the 718 Spyder and 718 Cayman GT4 in the Indian market. The new 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder and 2020 Cayman GT4 are priced at Rs 1.59 crore and Rs 1.63 crore, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Porsche 718 Spyder and Cayman GT4 are the two latest additions to the brand's 718 family in the Indian market, which already has the Boxster and the 718 Cayman. The Spyder as the name suggests comes with a soft-top convertible while the Cayman GT4 is now the entry-level GT offering from the German brand in the Indian market.
Both models are powered by the same engine, while also producing identical power and torque figures. This includes a 4.0-litre six-cylinder petrol engine producing 415bhp and 420Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Both models claim to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in 4.4 seconds. However, while the 718 Spyder tops out at 301km/h, the 718 Cayman GT4 has a slightly higher top speed of 304km/h.
The Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 comes with an improved aero package compared to its predecessor. This new package allows the Cayman GT4 to offer 50% more downforce than its previous model. The Cayman GT4 also comes with a fixed rear wing which alone accounts for 20% of the extra downforce.
Unlike the Cayman GT4, the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder comes with an active rear wing. This is deployed when the Spyder exceeds 120km/h. The active rear wing offers the required additional downforce at high speeds, while also improving cornering ability of the Spyder.
Ashish Kaul, Head of Sales at Porsche India, said:
"Porsche India introduces two emotional and powerful models to the market, using a naturally aspirated powertrain that is based on the turbo engines in the current 911 Carrera model series. The 718 Cayman GT4 and 718 Spyder are about unrivalled driving fun and sheer emotions."
He further added, "They are the perfect sports car for those who like to push the limits and enjoy a racing pulse. We are very excited to offer these purist's models to our customers here in India. With a limited allocation for our market, the 718 Cayman GT4 and 718 Spyder will be a rare and very special sight on our streets."
Thoughts On The 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder & Cayman GT4
The Porsche 718 Spyder and Cayman GT4 models are the entry-level sports car offerings in the brand's lineup. However, with the availability of a manual transmission, the 718 series is enthusiast-focussed, offering extreme driving pleasure.