- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 6 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 6 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 7 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Ford and Mahindra announced their partnership in India last year in October. As per the partnership, Both brands will jointly develop all-new vehicles for the Indian market. According to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Ford SUVs will be designed by the iconic Pininfarina.
The joint venture between two automakers will see Mahindra owning a 51 per cent controlling stake and Ford owning a 49 per cent stake. Ford's personnel and assembly plants in Chennai and Sanand will be handled by both companies, as a part of the venture.
We can expect some crazy looking SUV designs as Pininfarina has designed some of the most exotic supercars in the past. The first product from the Mahindra-Ford joint venture will be a new C-SUV, that will be the next-gen XUV500 codenamed: W601 and Ford's version of the SUV codenamed: CX757.
Mechanically, the new SUV from Ford is expected to be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that will produce 180bhp of power. On the other hand, there will also be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that will churn out 190bhp of power, which also does its duty on the all-new Thar. This new Ford C-SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Harrier and the MG Hector.
In other recent Ford news, the company recently launched the all-new Endeavour Sport in the Indian market at a price of Rs 35.10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is based on the Titanium+ 4x4 trim. The Endeavour Sport features blacked-out cosmetic elements to the exterior that gives the SUV a sportier look. The blacked-out scheme includes a blacked-out grille at the front, lower bumper, black-inserts on the ORVMs, rear name-plate and alloy wheels. The side step is also blacked-out along with a host of Sport badging on the outside of the SUV.
Mechanically, the Endeavour Sport is powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces 168bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The unit is mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology.
Thoughts About The New SUVs From Both Ford And Mahindra
This venture could see both the brands helping each other to drive more sales by introducing newer models to the Indian market. It will also help both brands to develop products faster with technology sharing as well and some kickass designs as the SUVs will be designed by Pininferina.