- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Technology Paytm Mall Offers On Best Selling Laptops
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad To Be Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
One of the world's most classiest motor shows, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, has been cancelled this year in light of the Covid-19 pandemic that has gripped the world. The motor show was scheduled for 16 August this year.
What makes it more disappointing is that the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance was to celebrate its 70th edition this year. This year's event was to be a milestone and a few special showcases and announcements were expected.
Mr William L Perocchi, the Chief Executive Office at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance said, "Pebble Beach Company has been pleased to host this event since its beginning, and we look forward to hosting the 70th celebration in 2021. This event does more than celebrate great cars; it benefits so many people in need."
"Ultimately, the continued health and safety of everyone associated with the Concours is our number one priority, which led us to this difficult decision. We recognise that cancelling the 2020 Event will be disappointing to many, although we are confident it is appropriate under these unique circumstances," he added.
The event was scheduled to be held on August 16 this year has been postponed to August 15, 2021. Pebble Beach Company has announced that all tickets purchased this year will be valid in the next edition, and that those who are unable to attend the event next year can claim a refund as well.
The rescheduled event will remain as planned, with a showcase of past Best of Show winners along with the Stillwater Cove, and special categories that focus on Pininfarina coachwork, the Porsche 917, the Talbot-Lago Grand Sport, Miller racing, Iso, Early Electrics and the Carrera Panamericana.
Thoughts About The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Cancelled This Year
We think that we were really lucky to have had the 2020 Delhi Auto Expo happen this year. Considering all the mayhem broke out starting March, all auto shows scheduled for after February have been either cancelled or postponed. It is rather upsetting that something as beautiful as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has been canceled this year. And no matter what one tries, the 70th Edition will always be a victim of the Covid-19 virus.