- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
German Formula E race driver, Pascal Wehrlein has said that he will no longer be driving for Mahindra Racing in Formula E Series. Pascal has been racing for Mahindra in the all-electric racing series since 2018.
Wehrlein was contracted to race for Mahindra till the end of the 2020-21 season, however he said that he will stop racing for the Indian team with immediate effect. Cutting all ties with Mahindra immediately means that he will not be seen for the remainder of the 2019-20 season which is on hold because of the Coronavirus pandemic at the moment.
The news of Wehrlein quitting the Mahindra Racing Formula E team comes only a day after he finished second in the Formula E Race at Home Challenge Esports competition, having lost the race to Mercedes-Benz' Stoffel Vandoorne.
Pascal Wehrlein said, via an Instagram story, "From today onwards, I will no longer be part of Mahindra Racing. My interest was to finish the season, but the current situation didn't allow so. I can't say much about my future but will keep you informed. Thank you all for your support and see you soon on track."
Rumor has it that 25 year-old German racer will make a move to the Porsche Formula E team, and will replace Neel Jani who won the Le Mans. A move to the German manufacturer could mean a chance to participate at the legendary endurance race, considering Porsche is currently evaluating a return to the World Endurance Championship with their new LMDh prototype.
Reports are the Neel Jani will continue to race for Porsche for the rest of the Formula E 2019-20 season. Jani has been with the brand since the get go but has been struggling to make any headway as far as on-track performance is concerned. Jani has fails to score any points this season.
Porsche are possibly keen on signing Wehrlein because the racer has performed well since joining Mahindra Racing during 2018. His best was a secind place finish at the Santiago E-Prix last year.
Mahindra Racing now has the task of replacing Pascal Wehrlein for the remainder of the rest of the season, and for the 2020-21 season. The new driver will race alongside Jerome d'Ambrosio.
Thoughts About Pascal Wehrlein Quitting Mahindra Racing's Formula E Team
Well driver come and go. Some stay for the entire length of a career with one team, some have fall-outs. Either way, Mahindra has been part of Formula E since the beginning of the series, making them the oldest manufacturer in the sport. We think Mahindra will find a replacement driver easily, considering they have to offer a wealth of experience.