- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 9 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 14 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 16 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
PAL-V Liberty is now the world's first road-legal commercial flying car. The PAL-V flying car has finally received permission to be driven legally on European roads. The PAL-V Liberty is also said to be currently undergoing the process of acquiring an aviation certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
With the PAL-V Liberty having passed the stringent European road admission tests, the flying car is now allowed to be driven on the streets with an official number plate. The car underwent the road admissions tests in February 2020, where it was tested in a number of areas including high-speed ovals, brake, emissions and noise pollution; among others.
According to the company, the PAL-V Liberty design is currently undergoing tests for certification by EASA, with the finalisation expected in 2022. As per the regulations over 1200 test reports need to be completed before the final 150 hours of flight testing can take place. The company has stated that once these approvals and certifications are in place, only then deliveries to customers will start.
PAL-V has also stated that they are already witnessing a huge demand for the Liberty flying car. The company said with 80% of their reservations coming from first-time car flyers, many of them have started taking up training for a gyroplane flying licence already.
Mike Stekelenburg, CTO of PAL-V, said:
"With the memories in mind of fly and drive testing our proof of concept, the PAL-V One, I was really looking forward to testing the Liberty. We have been cooperating with the road authorities for many years to reach this milestone. The excitement you feel in the team is huge. It was very challenging to make a "folded aircraft" pass all road admission tests."
He further added, "For me, the trick in successfully making flying cars is to ensure that the design complies with both air and road regulations. I feel the energy and motivation in our team to push hard for the last few milestones and get the Liberty certified for flying too."
Hans Joore, test-driver of the PAL-V, states:
"Hearing the vehicle come to life was just magnificent and driving it was great. It is very smooth and responsive to the steering and with a weight of just 660 kg, it accelerates really well. The overall experience is like a sports car. It feels sensational."
Thoughts On the PAL-V Liberty Flying Car
A flying car has always caught the imagination of many, being seen only in sci-fi movies. However, this has now become a reality! The PAL-V Liberty is definitely an interesting machine, which could propel us into a new way of transportation in the future.