- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta BS6 Prices Increased In India: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago MV Agusta Brutale 1000RR ML Unveiled: A Unique One-Off Superbike With An Exclusive Paint Scheme
- 5 hrs ago TVS Radeon BS6 Bike Prices Increased Marginally Across Range: Here Is The Updated Price List!
- 6 hrs ago Jeep Compass Deliveries Resume Across India: Safety Measures & Protocols Being Followed
- Movies Sunny Leone Wants To Return To India ASAP; Reveals Why She Left For The US With Kids & Daniel Weber
- Technology MTNL Offering 28GB Data For 28 Days At Rs. 251
- Lifestyle Sunny Leone Exudes Party Vibes In An All-Black Rocking Attire And We Can’t Wait For Weekend To Come
- Sports Lionel Messi concern after missed practice ahead of La Liga return
- News MHA blacklists 2,550 foreign Tablighi Jamaat members; bans entry into India for 10 years
- Finance No Coercive Action Against Employers For Non-Payment Of Wages Till 12 June
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In Times Asia University Rankings 2020
Ola has officially entered London as a cab aggregator. Indian cab hailing company Ola declared that it has now officially gone live in London. The Bangalore-based company claims that over 25,000 drivers have signed up to drive under the Ola umbrella.
Ola is an Indian taxi aggregator that offers ride hailing and ride sharing services to its users. It competes with global cab aggregator Uber in India. In-fact, Ola is the very company that has prevented Uber from dominating this space in India. Now, Ola seems to be gunning for prime international markets as well.
London is one of the largest cities in the world and lakhs of its citizens take a taxi ride every day. Ola certainly found it profitable to start operations in such a market and hence went live with it on Monday. Ola is currently offering Comfort, Comfort XL and Exec ride categories in London.
With over 25,000 drivers already registered, Ola started its London operations in full swing. Ola also announced its partnership with DriveTech and consulting giant Mercer and Pearson to take care of its drivers' training.
This ensures the highest standard of drivers in the cab business. Every single driver had to pass the Versant spoken English test, hence ensuring that every driver could communicate well. Ola has also announced several benefits for the driver including, zero commission for the first six weeks and market leading commission rates after.
Ola has even officially announced its intentions to give its drivers the best commission rates in all markets it operates in.
Thoughts On Ola Officially Commencing London Operations
London is one of the largest markets for Uber and it is quite clear that Ola wants a share of it. Well, the Ola brand has already gathered steam in London thanks to more than 25,000 registered drivers. With this, it seems like Ola is ready to take the fight to Uber.