- 56 min ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Announces Delay in Launches Of New XUV500 And New Thar: Details
- Movies Nithya Menen Rubbishes Rumours Of Declining Karnam Malleshwari Biopic Offer
- News CBSE Class 12 Result 2020 out: No merit list; 88.78% pass, girls outshine boys again this year
- Finance Clariant Chemicals Zooms 18% On Interim Dividend Of 1400%
- Lifestyle Naagin Actress Surbhi Jyoti Exudes Diva Vibes In A Heavily Embellished Peach Orange Bridal Lehenga
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw preview and schedule: July 13, 2020
- Technology 5G Push: Reliance Jio To Get Rs. 730 Crore From Qualcomm For 0.15% Stake
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ola, India's leading ride-hailing companies have announced new safety guidelines to its driver-partners during the Covid-19 times in the country. This includes mandatory fumigation of vehicles every 48 hours and a driver health-check.
The company has also assigned dedicated executives to driver-partners who will ensure that they have access to hygiene materials to keep the car and themselves safe. This includes hand sanitizers, masks, and disinfectant liquids; among others. It ensures the safety of both the driver and the passengers while using the ride-hailing service.
All materials are provided by the company to driver-partner to maintain the highest safety standards while ferrying passengers. The company has mandated a comprehensive safety protocol across 500+ safety zones in the country. Additionally, drivers are also regularly trained on following personal hygiene protocols such as washing hands, wiping car surfaces and high touch points using a disinfectant liquid.
Ola has also mandated the installation of a transparent plastic screen separating the driver and passenger seats while wearing masks at all times. All safety guidelines issued by the company us being monitored using an in-house proprietary selfie authentication technology. It will ensure drivers wearing masks at all times while serving on the platform. All kinds of services are covered under the new safety regulations including point-to-point, rentals and outstation services.
Speaking on the enhanced vehicle safety standards, Anand Subramanian, Spokesperson for Ola, said, "With the ‘Ride Safe India' initiative, we want both customers and driver-partners to be able to travel with the highest levels of safety at all times. Our network of fumigation centres will help ensure strict adherence to vehicle fumigation, and while enabling our driver-partners with safety equipment such as sanitizers, disinfectants and masks."
Ola recently announced its commitment of Rs 500 crores towards enabling a safe mobility experience for both citizens and driver-partners across the country. The company is calling the new initiative as ‘Ride Safe India' initiative and the new safety standards issued are part of the programme. Ola has resumed operations at over 200 cities across the nation.
Thoughts About The Ola Issuing New Vehicle Safety Standards
The company announced that they will be increasing the safety standards of its service by committing a huge amount in the country. With the new initiative, the company aims to provide the highest standards of safety for both its driver-partners and customers during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.