- 10 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
Ola, India's leading ride-hailing companies have announced new safety guidelines to its driver-partners during the Covid-19 times in the country. This includes mandatory fumigation of vehicles every 48 hours and a driver health-check.
The company has also assigned dedicated executives to driver-partners who will ensure that they have access to hygiene materials to keep the car and themselves safe. This includes hand sanitizers, masks, and disinfectant liquids; among others. It ensures the safety of both the driver and the passengers while using the ride-hailing service.
All materials are provided by the company to driver-partner to maintain the highest safety standards while ferrying passengers. The company has mandated a comprehensive safety protocol across 500+ safety zones in the country. Additionally, drivers are also regularly trained on following personal hygiene protocols such as washing hands, wiping car surfaces and high touch points using a disinfectant liquid.
Ola has also mandated the installation of a transparent plastic screen separating the driver and passenger seats while wearing masks at all times. All safety guidelines issued by the company us being monitored using an in-house proprietary selfie authentication technology. It will ensure drivers wearing masks at all times while serving on the platform. All kinds of services are covered under the new safety regulations including point-to-point, rentals and outstation services.
Speaking on the enhanced vehicle safety standards, Anand Subramanian, Spokesperson for Ola, said, "With the ‘Ride Safe India' initiative, we want both customers and driver-partners to be able to travel with the highest levels of safety at all times. Our network of fumigation centres will help ensure strict adherence to vehicle fumigation, and while enabling our driver-partners with safety equipment such as sanitizers, disinfectants and masks."
Ola recently announced its commitment of Rs 500 crores towards enabling a safe mobility experience for both citizens and driver-partners across the country. The company is calling the new initiative as ‘Ride Safe India' initiative and the new safety standards issued are part of the programme. Ola has resumed operations at over 200 cities across the nation.
Thoughts About The Ola Issuing New Vehicle Safety Standards
The company announced that they will be increasing the safety standards of its service by committing a huge amount in the country. With the new initiative, the company aims to provide the highest standards of safety for both its driver-partners and customers during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.