- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports I knew I wanted to become like Viswanathan Anand: Young Grandmaster and Chess prodigy Praggnanandha
- Movies Four More Shots Please Star Kirti Kulhari Opens Up About Self-Love Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- News Centre asks states to streamline inter-state movement of personnel engaged in locust control
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ola Group has announced a total donation of Rs 8 crore in support of the fight against coronavirus in India. Of the total amount, Rs 5 crore will be contributed to the PM CARES initiative (Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency Situations). The remaining Rs 3 crore will be split between the Chief Minister's Relief Funds of various states.
Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder and CEO of Ola Group said,
"The outbreak of COVID-19 is a major global crisis and this is the time for the entire nation to come together to fight this pandemic. Both the Central and State Governments are working round the clock and have taken several proactive steps to contain the threat of Coronavirus in India. We salute the relentless efforts of the Government and humbly extend our contribution of INR 5 crores to the PM CARES Fund and a sum of INR 3 crores to the Chief Minister's Relief Funds of various states to support COVID-19 relief measures across the country."
He further added, "From healthcare workers to essential supplies providers, to the hundreds of thousands of officials, law enforcement personnel, and various frontline civil service workers, we are grateful for the services of those who are going beyond their call of duty to help the people of our nation. We at Ola will continue to work towards supporting the Government's efforts and help our communities in every way possible."
Ola recently also introduced the 'Emergency Services' in the city of Bangalore. This new initiative, called 'Ola Emergency' offers trips for non-coronavirus patients to and fro any hospital in the city. Customers can pick a drop point among a list of 200 registered hospitals. The new initiative is available during the lockdown period — here are more details.
Thoughts On Ola's Contribution & Support Towards The Fight Against COVID-19
Ola Group is offering a number of services supporting both the central and state government to fight the deadly virus in India. The latest contribution of Rs 8 crore towards the cause, will further allow the central and state governments to acquire all the necessary equipment for doctors and healthcare workers to fight the pandemic.