- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Former India speedster Salil Ankola tests positive for COVID-19
- News Sad I cant talk in Tamil: After PM Modi, Amit Shah plays language card in TN, Puducherry
- Technology iQOONeo 5 Official Teaser Poster Reveals March 16 Launch Date; Expected Price, Specs
- Movies Rana Daggubati Reveals Another Poster Of Haathi Mere Saathi; The Trailer To Release On March 4
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Ola Group has announced a total donation of Rs 8 crore in support of the fight against coronavirus in India. Of the total amount, Rs 5 crore will be contributed to the PM CARES initiative (Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance & Relief in Emergency Situations). The remaining Rs 3 crore will be split between the Chief Minister's Relief Funds of various states.
Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder and CEO of Ola Group said,
"The outbreak of COVID-19 is a major global crisis and this is the time for the entire nation to come together to fight this pandemic. Both the Central and State Governments are working round the clock and have taken several proactive steps to contain the threat of Coronavirus in India. We salute the relentless efforts of the Government and humbly extend our contribution of INR 5 crores to the PM CARES Fund and a sum of INR 3 crores to the Chief Minister's Relief Funds of various states to support COVID-19 relief measures across the country."
He further added, "From healthcare workers to essential supplies providers, to the hundreds of thousands of officials, law enforcement personnel, and various frontline civil service workers, we are grateful for the services of those who are going beyond their call of duty to help the people of our nation. We at Ola will continue to work towards supporting the Government's efforts and help our communities in every way possible."
Ola recently also introduced the 'Emergency Services' in the city of Bangalore. This new initiative, called 'Ola Emergency' offers trips for non-coronavirus patients to and fro any hospital in the city. Customers can pick a drop point among a list of 200 registered hospitals. The new initiative is available during the lockdown period — here are more details.
Thoughts On Ola's Contribution & Support Towards The Fight Against COVID-19
Ola Group is offering a number of services supporting both the central and state government to fight the deadly virus in India. The latest contribution of Rs 8 crore towards the cause, will further allow the central and state governments to acquire all the necessary equipment for doctors and healthcare workers to fight the pandemic.