- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 9 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Ola Foundation, which is the CSR arm of the cab aggregator has released a report detailing the social impact that the brand's Drive The Driver initiative has had in the country.
The brand set up the fund in order to help its network of driver-partners during the Covid-19 pandemic and has announced that the initiative has helped 55,918 families, served 93 lakh meals, and has aided with 843 medical emergencies across 25 cities in the country.
Launched in March 2020, the Driver The Driver Fund received donations from the Ola Group, its employees, the management teams, investors, and via crowdfunding channels.
Mr Anand Subramanian, a Spokesperson at Ola said, "Since the launch of the fund, we have witnessed unbelievable support from within our ecosystem and from citizens and consumers. We are extremely grateful and thankful for these contributions that have enabled all the impact so far."
"We also want to express our gratitude to the local authorities, various state governments, and the central government for guiding us and enabling our efforts throughout. We will continue to serve and support driver communities through the 'Drive The Driver' fund as we help them and their families through their various challenges in these trying times," he added.
The Ola Foundation's intention behind creating the fund was to offer short term and long-term financial aid to its driver-partner community during these times of economic crisis.
The brand divided cities into clusters depending on where its driver-partners resided, and contacted them via IVR, telecalling, and social media channels, among others.
The company then created a safe and hygienic distribution network in order to deliver the essentials and ration kits to the needy.The brand ensured that delivery personnel followed a strict code of conduct & safety protocols.
The company had roughly between 60 and 70 personnel distributing essentials and rations kits across the country, and had a workforce of 200 employees managing requests.
The brand also said they helped their driver-partner community with financial assistance for all medical emergencies that they faced during the lockdown.
Thoughts About Ola's Driver The Driver Fund Report
We are impressed that Ola has released a report about the impact that its Drive The river Network has had across the country. Manufacturers have been looking after their employees, their families, communities, and even villages situated close to their production facilities. Kudos to everyone that was part of Ola's Driver The Driver Fund initiative.