- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ola cabs have offered 500 vehicles to the Karnataka state government, which will be used to transfer doctors around the state for coronavirus-related activities. The development has been confirmed by Karnataka's Deputy Chief Minister Dr CN Ashwathnarayan in a recent tweet.
The cabs provided by Ola will be used in various districts, depending on the requirement. It will be used to transport not only doctors but also healthcare workers, medicine and other essential medical equipment as well. The cabs will also be used in case of any emergencies as well. The Ola cabs will be available in the district of Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Mangalore.
The Bangalore-based cab service provider has suspended its operations pan-India, since the start of the lockdown on 24th March 2020. The company has also announced that they have recalled their vehicles from their driver-partners.
The company has also taken steps to ensure their driver-partners and their families are taken care off, during this tough situation. Ola has opened a fund for its drivers. They have also announced a compensation of Rs 30,000 for both the driver and their family if infected by COVID-19.
The coronavirus cases in India have crossed the 1100 mark, with over 30 confirmed deaths. The entire country has been put under lockdown for a period of 21-days between the 24th March to 14th April 2020. Only essential service workers such as food delivery personnel, groceries, police, media, firefighters and medics; allowed to venture out of their homes.
The central and state governments have been taking all the steps to ensure everyone's safety. The government has also been making provisions to ensure proper supply of essentials reaches everyone. The government has also taken the support of various automobile companies to scale up production of Ventilators and other medical equipment.
Thoughts On Ola Cabs Providing Vehicles To Transport Doctors
The threat of coronavirus is severe, with doctors and other healthcare workers doing everything in their power, along with the support of the government to contain the spread of the deadly virus in India. Ola cabs providing vehicles to transport doctors and medical supplies is a great example of support shown to all the doctors working tirelessly.