- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 20 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- News Uncovering truth behind Mansukh's death crucial for MVA: Sanjay Raut
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Wasim Jaffer rubbishes pitch talks, tells English batters to score runs
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Ola cabs have offered 500 vehicles to the Karnataka state government, which will be used to transfer doctors around the state for coronavirus-related activities. The development has been confirmed by Karnataka's Deputy Chief Minister Dr CN Ashwathnarayan in a recent tweet.
The cabs provided by Ola will be used in various districts, depending on the requirement. It will be used to transport not only doctors but also healthcare workers, medicine and other essential medical equipment as well. The cabs will also be used in case of any emergencies as well. The Ola cabs will be available in the district of Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Mangalore.
The Bangalore-based cab service provider has suspended its operations pan-India, since the start of the lockdown on 24th March 2020. The company has also announced that they have recalled their vehicles from their driver-partners.
The company has also taken steps to ensure their driver-partners and their families are taken care off, during this tough situation. Ola has opened a fund for its drivers. They have also announced a compensation of Rs 30,000 for both the driver and their family if infected by COVID-19.
The coronavirus cases in India have crossed the 1100 mark, with over 30 confirmed deaths. The entire country has been put under lockdown for a period of 21-days between the 24th March to 14th April 2020. Only essential service workers such as food delivery personnel, groceries, police, media, firefighters and medics; allowed to venture out of their homes.
The central and state governments have been taking all the steps to ensure everyone's safety. The government has also been making provisions to ensure proper supply of essentials reaches everyone. The government has also taken the support of various automobile companies to scale up production of Ventilators and other medical equipment.
Thoughts On Ola Cabs Providing Vehicles To Transport Doctors
The threat of coronavirus is severe, with doctors and other healthcare workers doing everything in their power, along with the support of the government to contain the spread of the deadly virus in India. Ola cabs providing vehicles to transport doctors and medical supplies is a great example of support shown to all the doctors working tirelessly.