- 10 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Amidst the current nationwide lockdown, due to COVID-19, car companies such as Skoda-Volkswagen, Renault India and MG Motor India have stepped forward and announced their support to their employees.
According to ET Auto, all three companies have announced that they will not be cutting jobs of any employees during this tough period. All three car manufacturers have come out in support of their employees, assuring the safety of everyone's jobs and salaries. The three companies have also promised to bring in huge investments, along with lining up a number of new product launches as well.
Skoda-Volkswagen has stated that they will honour its commitment to their employees by providing the salaries on time. The company has also confirmed that they will go-ahead and offer bonuses for the past year. The top management of the company though will not receive their bonuses until business is back to normal.
Similar to Skoda-Volkswagen, French carmaker Renault has also announced that they will not be cutting jobs or salaris of their employees during this period. Renault India CEO, recently made an announcement, ensuring nervous employees that the company has no intention of cutting jobs during this tough period.
MG Motor India was among the first car companies in India, which made the decision not to cut jobs. Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India recently took to twitter to announce the same. He stated that MG Motor will not cut a single job this year, even as a worst-case scenario.
All three manufacturers already have a number of products planned for the Indian market. Due to the current lockdown in India, many of these product launches have been postponed, however, brands are confident of a launch once the market resumes to near-normalcy.
Skoda-Volkswagen recently launched the T-Roc and the Tiguan AllSpace in the Indian market recently. The company already has multiple other products such as the Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Karoq and the Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec VISION IN) in the pipeline.
Renault is said to be introducing a new compact-SUV in the Indian market. The French carmaker hopes to repeat the success of its Triber MPV, with the all-new SUV offering which will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue.
MG Motor also has two products scheduled to go on sale this year. The first is the Hector Plus, a seven-seater version of the standard Hector SUV, which is due for launch in June 2020. The other model is the premium Gloster SUV, which is scheduled to be introduced during this year's festive season.
Thoughts On Car Brands Ensuring No Job Cuts Amidst The COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has shut down all operations and business not only in India, but the entire world. Automotive brands are facing a number of financial issues and cash flow problems due to the lockdown. However, it is great to see them support their employees even during this tough period.