- 24 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Joins Deepika Padukone And Shraddha Kapoor At NCB Office For Questioning
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Amidst the current nationwide lockdown, due to COVID-19, car companies such as Skoda-Volkswagen, Renault India and MG Motor India have stepped forward and announced their support to their employees.
According to ET Auto, all three companies have announced that they will not be cutting jobs of any employees during this tough period. All three car manufacturers have come out in support of their employees, assuring the safety of everyone's jobs and salaries. The three companies have also promised to bring in huge investments, along with lining up a number of new product launches as well.
Skoda-Volkswagen has stated that they will honour its commitment to their employees by providing the salaries on time. The company has also confirmed that they will go-ahead and offer bonuses for the past year. The top management of the company though will not receive their bonuses until business is back to normal.
Similar to Skoda-Volkswagen, French carmaker Renault has also announced that they will not be cutting jobs or salaris of their employees during this period. Renault India CEO, recently made an announcement, ensuring nervous employees that the company has no intention of cutting jobs during this tough period.
MG Motor India was among the first car companies in India, which made the decision not to cut jobs. Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India recently took to twitter to announce the same. He stated that MG Motor will not cut a single job this year, even as a worst-case scenario.
All three manufacturers already have a number of products planned for the Indian market. Due to the current lockdown in India, many of these product launches have been postponed, however, brands are confident of a launch once the market resumes to near-normalcy.
Skoda-Volkswagen recently launched the T-Roc and the Tiguan AllSpace in the Indian market recently. The company already has multiple other products such as the Volkswagen Taigun, Skoda Karoq and the Skoda Kosmiq (production-spec VISION IN) in the pipeline.
Renault is said to be introducing a new compact-SUV in the Indian market. The French carmaker hopes to repeat the success of its Triber MPV, with the all-new SUV offering which will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue.
MG Motor also has two products scheduled to go on sale this year. The first is the Hector Plus, a seven-seater version of the standard Hector SUV, which is due for launch in June 2020. The other model is the premium Gloster SUV, which is scheduled to be introduced during this year's festive season.
Thoughts On Car Brands Ensuring No Job Cuts Amidst The COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has shut down all operations and business not only in India, but the entire world. Automotive brands are facing a number of financial issues and cash flow problems due to the lockdown. However, it is great to see them support their employees even during this tough period.