- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Japanese auto manufacturer, Nissan, has announce that they plan to unveil a sub-compact SUV at the upcoming Auto Expo. Nissan says the new compact SUV is based on the 'Make in India, make for the world' philosophy.
Nissan is launching a compact SUV (the first from the company) with the aim of getting a piece of action from the lucrative and highly competitive passenger car segment.
The compact SUV segment in the country, dominated by Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Hyundai, and Ford Motors will be a tough market for Nissan to work within, but the company is confident of their offering.
Nissan said that they were building on the company's global SUV heritage and advanced technology, and the new SUV will be a feature rich, premium offering, that will arrive with a stylish design, and all the latest technology as part of Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
The company's new compact SUV will be launched in India first, and then will make its way to global markets. Nissan's current portfolio in India includes models the Kicks, the Micra, the Micra Active, the Sunny, the Terrano, and the GT-R.
Nissan has been unable to find commercial success for a while now, and the last mid-segment SUV they launched, the Kicks, did not perform as well the company hoped it would.
Nissan's plans to revitalize its India operations come at the time when its parent company, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan, is facing pressure regarding its alliance with Renault SA (Nissan's majority shareholder).
The last few weeks saw Mr Carlos Ghosn, the former Chairman of Nissan, arrested for under-reporting his remuneration from the company and using company resources for personal gains. He eventually escaped after his arrest and is currently listed as an international fugitive.
Thoughts About The New Compact SUV Nissan Plans To Unveil At The Auto Expo
Well we hope the SUV turns Nissan's fortunes around. The compact SUV will have to be well crafted, will have to be feature rich, and designed to match the current market trends. As always, pricing will play a massive a massive role in how well this SUV does. We're looking forward to the vehicle though. The image is captivating.