- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Nissan India has silently removed the Terrano SUV from its official website. The Nissan Terrano failed to receive any BS6 update ahead of the deadline, which came into effect on the 1st of April 2020.
With sales of BS4 models now banned, it only made sense for Nissan to remove the model from its product lineup in India. The company hasn't yet announced any information regarding the future of the Terrano in the Indian market. However, considering its low sales and demand in the recent past, it is unlikely the Nissan Terrano will be reintroduced anytime soon.
The Nissan Terrano SUV was based on the same platform as the Renault Duster. The SUV was first launched in India back in 2013 and did receive a positive response initially. This was thanks to its bulky and muscular design and a decently powerful engine at that time.
However, over the years, the Nissan Terrano lost out to its competition. Nissan also failed to bring in any significant updates to the SUV, which could have helped boost its sales as well. With the discontinuation of the Terrano, the Kicks is now the only SUV in Nissan's product lineup in India.
Talking about the engine options on the Nissan Terrano, the mid-size SUV came with two choices: one petrol and one diesel. This included a 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 103bhp and 148Nm of peak torque.
The diesel unit, on the other hand, came in two state-of-tunes; the first with 84bhp and 200Nm of torque and the second with 109bhp and 245Nm of torque. Transmission options for the Nissan Terrano included either a five or six-speed manual or the optional six-speed automatic, depending on the engine and variant chosen.
Thoughts About The Nissan Terrano Being Removed From The Official Website
Nissan is currently working on introducing the 2020 Kicks SUV in the Indian market. There is no news regarding the future of the Terrano SUV in the Indian market. The SUV was positioned in the mid-size segment and rivalled the likes of the Renault Duster, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.