- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 10 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 13 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Actor-Filmmaker Shreya Patel’s New Mockumentary Web Series 'Layla Is Relevant' To Go On Floor In August
- Sports LET, Indian consulates help Olympic hopeful Tvesa reach venue on time
- News Heavy rain likely in Odisha in next 24 hours: IMD
- Technology Windows 11 Goes Official: New Features, Availability, Supported Devices, And More
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Nissan is said to be evaluating the introduction of its range-topping SUV, the Patrol in the Indian market. The Nissan Patrol is an iconic model in the SUV segment worldwide. According to Autocar India, if Nissan confirms the Patrol for India it will be brought in via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route.
The Nissan Patrol has undergone multiple changes over the years, with the last major update being in 2019. However, Nissan did offer the Patrol a facelift in 2019, making it more modern and attractive than before.
The Patrol SUV is already available in a number of international markets. This includes a right-hand drive version, which is on sale in countries like Australia and South Africa. The Nissan is an extremely large SUV, measuring over 5-metres in length.
The SUV is also close to 2 metres in width, translating to an extremely spacious cabin, with a generous amount of room for passengers in all three rows.
If introduced in India as a CBU unit, the SUV could carry forward the same 5.6-litre V8 petrol engine. It produces 405bhp and 560Nm of torque and is paired to a seven-speed automatic transmission unit; sending power to all four wheels as standard. There is also a smaller 4.0-litre V6 petrol on offer in the UAE market as well.
Being a premium SUV, the Nissan Patrol is sure to offer all the bells and whistles as standard. This includes a host of features, creature comforts and safety equipment on offer. However, being a range-topping model, we can expect Nissan to price the Patrol on the higher end. The Nissan Patrol if confirmed for India, could be priced in the range of Rs 1 - 1.5 crore, ex-showroom.
The introduction of the iconic SUV in the Indian market might also help boost the brand. Nissan has unfortunately been struggling to find a proper footing in India and is currently on the verge of re-inventing themselves in the country.
Thoughts On The Nissan Patrol India Launch
There is currently no confirmation or official announcement from the company regarding the Patrol SUV. However, it would be amazing to see the iconic SUV on the streets of India. If introduced the Nissan Patrol could rival the likes of the Toyota Land Cruiser and the Lexus LX in the country.