- 1 hr ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 17 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- Finance Auto Shares Decline As Govt Proposes Green Tax On Old Vehicles
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Movies Varun Dhawan's IG Story Hints At Shraddha Kapoor's Wedding With Celebrity Photographer Rohan Shrestha
- News CBI court issues arrest warrant against TMC leader Vinay Mishra in cattle smuggling case
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Give Picture Perfect Poses On Their Mehendi Ceremony In Pristine White Outfits
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52, Galaxy A72 Price Tipped Ahead Of Launch; Premium Smartphones In Offing
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Nissan India introduced the Magnite SUV in the country on the 2nd of December. Post its launch, the compact-SUV model has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, with booking numbers closing in on 20,000 units.
However, the overwhelming response has now led to long waiting periods. The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV now commands a waiting period of over 32 weeks (8 months). The waiting period depends on the variant and colour option selected by the customers.
The Nissan Magnite is offered in a range of five variants: XE, XL, XV, XV Premium and XV Premium (O). The most popular variants of the Nissan Magnite include the base ‘XE' trim with 32 weeks waiting period. The Magnite XL variant has a waiting period of over 24 weeks.
The XV variant with the turbo-petrol engine has a waiting period between 24 - 26 weeks, while the Turbo XV Premium and Turbo XV Premium (O) variants have waiting periods between 22 and 28 weeks. Below is the table showcasing the variant-wise waiting period for the Nissan Mangite across all major cities in India.
Credits: Vinith Singh/Facebook
Apart from the standard waiting periods for each variant, customers opting for the Flare Garnet Red paint scheme on the Magnite will have to wait an additional 4 weeks (1 month).
The Nissan Magnite at the time of launch came with a price tag ranging between Rs 4.99 lakh and going all the way up to Rs 9.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, the company did state that the starting price will increase to Rs 5.35 lakh (ex-showroom), from the 1st of January 2021, marking the end of the introductory period.
The Nissan Magnite comes packed with a host of features and equipment, which along with the striking design and the competitive pricing makes for an extremely attractive offering. The pricing of the Magnite undercuts all its rivals in the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment; perfect for a price-sensitive market.
Along with the introduction of the new model, Nissan also increased its customer touchpoints across India, which was one of the brand's major weak points. The company has introduced an online platform allowing customers to not only purchase, but also make vehicle service appointments as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Waiting Period
The Nissan Magnite has proved to be an extremely popular offering from the brand in the Indian market. With the waiting period now crossing 8 months, it will be interesting to see how Nissan reacts to the demand in the coming months.
The Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others.