- Technology Here’s How Apple Justified New MacBook Pro’s Ugly Notch
- Finance EPFO Issues Advisory In The Interest Of Its Members: Check It Here
- Movies Ganapath: Amitabh Bachchan To Play An Important Role In The Tiger Shroff Starrer?
- News We must fight diabolical campaign of BJP/RSS ideologically: Sonia Gandhi at AICC meet
- Sports Smriti Mandhana believes WBBL experience will help Team India prepare for ODI World Cup
- Education DUET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For MPhil, PhD Exams, Raise Objections Till October 27
- Lifestyle New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
Nissan India introduced the Magnite SUV in the country on the 2nd of December. Post its launch, the compact-SUV model has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, with booking numbers closing in on 20,000 units.
However, the overwhelming response has now led to long waiting periods. The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV now commands a waiting period of over 32 weeks (8 months). The waiting period depends on the variant and colour option selected by the customers.
The Nissan Magnite is offered in a range of five variants: XE, XL, XV, XV Premium and XV Premium (O). The most popular variants of the Nissan Magnite include the base ‘XE' trim with 32 weeks waiting period. The Magnite XL variant has a waiting period of over 24 weeks.
The XV variant with the turbo-petrol engine has a waiting period between 24 - 26 weeks, while the Turbo XV Premium and Turbo XV Premium (O) variants have waiting periods between 22 and 28 weeks. Below is the table showcasing the variant-wise waiting period for the Nissan Mangite across all major cities in India.
Credits: Vinith Singh/Facebook
Apart from the standard waiting periods for each variant, customers opting for the Flare Garnet Red paint scheme on the Magnite will have to wait an additional 4 weeks (1 month).
The Nissan Magnite at the time of launch came with a price tag ranging between Rs 4.99 lakh and going all the way up to Rs 9.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, the company did state that the starting price will increase to Rs 5.35 lakh (ex-showroom), from the 1st of January 2021, marking the end of the introductory period.
The Nissan Magnite comes packed with a host of features and equipment, which along with the striking design and the competitive pricing makes for an extremely attractive offering. The pricing of the Magnite undercuts all its rivals in the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment; perfect for a price-sensitive market.
Along with the introduction of the new model, Nissan also increased its customer touchpoints across India, which was one of the brand's major weak points. The company has introduced an online platform allowing customers to not only purchase, but also make vehicle service appointments as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Waiting Period
The Nissan Magnite has proved to be an extremely popular offering from the brand in the Indian market. With the waiting period now crossing 8 months, it will be interesting to see how Nissan reacts to the demand in the coming months.
The Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others.