- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 16 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Uttar Pradesh corona curfew extended till May 17
- Sports IPL 2021 Suspended: First lot of Kiwis arrive home, second group expected to land on May 9
- Finance 3 High Rated Small Cap Funds That Gave 1-Year Returns Over 100%
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Nissan India introduced the Magnite SUV in the country on the 2nd of December. Post its launch, the compact-SUV model has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, with booking numbers closing in on 20,000 units.
However, the overwhelming response has now led to long waiting periods. The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV now commands a waiting period of over 32 weeks (8 months). The waiting period depends on the variant and colour option selected by the customers.
The Nissan Magnite is offered in a range of five variants: XE, XL, XV, XV Premium and XV Premium (O). The most popular variants of the Nissan Magnite include the base ‘XE' trim with 32 weeks waiting period. The Magnite XL variant has a waiting period of over 24 weeks.
The XV variant with the turbo-petrol engine has a waiting period between 24 - 26 weeks, while the Turbo XV Premium and Turbo XV Premium (O) variants have waiting periods between 22 and 28 weeks. Below is the table showcasing the variant-wise waiting period for the Nissan Mangite across all major cities in India.
Credits: Vinith Singh/Facebook
Apart from the standard waiting periods for each variant, customers opting for the Flare Garnet Red paint scheme on the Magnite will have to wait an additional 4 weeks (1 month).
The Nissan Magnite at the time of launch came with a price tag ranging between Rs 4.99 lakh and going all the way up to Rs 9.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, the company did state that the starting price will increase to Rs 5.35 lakh (ex-showroom), from the 1st of January 2021, marking the end of the introductory period.
The Nissan Magnite comes packed with a host of features and equipment, which along with the striking design and the competitive pricing makes for an extremely attractive offering. The pricing of the Magnite undercuts all its rivals in the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment; perfect for a price-sensitive market.
Along with the introduction of the new model, Nissan also increased its customer touchpoints across India, which was one of the brand's major weak points. The company has introduced an online platform allowing customers to not only purchase, but also make vehicle service appointments as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Waiting Period
The Nissan Magnite has proved to be an extremely popular offering from the brand in the Indian market. With the waiting period now crossing 8 months, it will be interesting to see how Nissan reacts to the demand in the coming months.
The Nissan Magnite rivals the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others.