- 5 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 20 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 24 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News Disha Salian's body was found with clothes, claims Mumbai Police
- Sports Angel Gomes signs five-year deal with Lille, loaned to Boavista
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Nissan recently had the global premiere of their latest B-SUV Concept, called the Magnite. The all-new Nissan Magnite is a concept SUV, which has been confirmed to enter the Indian market very soon.
The Nissan Magnite was initially expected to go on sale in India later this year, however, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch of the SUV had to be delayed. The Magnite which will be positioned in India's competitive compact-SUV segment is now scheduled to go on sale in India by early-2021.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the production-spec version of the Nissan Magnite has been spied testing in India. The spy pics and video posted by Rushlane showcases the heavily camouflaged sub-4-metre SUV undergoing testing on the outskirts of Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Magnite compact-SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform from the Renault-Nissan Alliance. This platform underpins the likes of the Triber MPV and the upcoming Renault Kiger SUV as well.
Nissan has been struggling to gain any sort of momentum in the Indian market over the past couple of years. The company recently discontinued most of its models (Micra & Terrano), with only the Kicks SUV being on sale in the Indian market. This instantly makes the Nissan Magnite an extremely important model for the brand in the country.
Powering the Nissan Magnite will be a single 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol. However, this engine will come in two variants: naturally-aspirated unit producing 71bhp and 90Nm of torque and a turbocharged engine producing 100bhp and 150Nm of torque. Both variants of the 1.0-litre unit will be offered with a standard manual gearbox, with the turbo-petrol version receiving the optional automatic transmission as well.
In terms of design, the concept SUV does look promising. Nissan has given its latest B-SUV concept a sporty and an extremely aggressive design, with sharp lines and a muscular look. However, it remains to be seen how much of it will actually make it onto the production-spec model.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Spied Testing In India
The Nissan Magnite is one of the most important models and could be a gamechanger in India. Once launched, the Magnite will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.