- 8 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals appoint Kumar Sangakkara as director of cricket for the upcoming season
- News Republic Day 2021: University, CBSE toppers to watch parade from Prime Minister’s box
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Nissan recently had the online global unveiling of their upcoming B-SUV Concept, the Magnite. The new Nissan Magnite concept showcases the global design language of the brand going forward, inspired by other successful models in the company's lineup.
The Nissan Magnite has been confirmed to enter the Indian market. The launch will take place sometime in early-2021, with the Magnite being positioned in India's compact-SUV segment. Ahead of its launch, the Magnite has been spied testing multiple times, although under heavy camouflage revealing little to nothing of its production-spec design.
However, fresh images have now surfaced online BeltUrDrive/Instagram page, revealing the front design of the production-spec Magnite SUV. The spy pic reveals the front fascia of the Nissan Magnite, which retains most of the design elements from its concept form, showcased just a few days back.
As seen from the images, the production-spec version of the Nissan Magnite features a similar octagonal front grille to that of the recently introduced Datsun Redi-GO. The compact-SUV also features the sleek-looking LED headlamps at either end.
What is missing though is the L-shaped LED DRLs, which do indicate that the spied SUV is a lower variant, receiving just the chrome inserts on the front bumper. The spy pics though also reveal the silver skid plates at the bottom, along with the air intake just above it as well.
The new Nissan Magnite will be part of the same CMF-A+ platform, which also powers the current Renault Triber MPV, along with the upcoming Kiger SUV. The Magnite SUV from Nissan could also borrow its powertrain from the Triber MPV as well, as part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
The powertrain in question is a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 71bhp and 90Nm of peak torque. There could also, however, be a more powerful version 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit on offer as well.
This turbo-petrol unit is expected to churn out a slightly higher power output of 100bhp and 145Nm of peak torque. Both engine variants will come mated to a six-speed manual with an automatic transmission also on offer.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite SUV Front-End Revealed
The Magnite compact-SUV is an extremely important model for Nissan in the Indian market and could potentially be a gamechanger for them. Nissan will be looking at pricing the Magnite competitively to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.