- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Nissan has announced the start of production for their upcoming SUV, the Magnite. The all-new Nissan Magnite marks the start of a new strategy for the brand, both for the Indian and global markets.
The Nissan Magnite will be manufactured at the company's Oragadam plant in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The new Nissan Magnite will follow the philosophy of ‘Make-In-India, Make-for-the-World'.
Once launched, the new Nissan Magnite will be the brand's first compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. It will take on rivals such as the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the likes.
Biju Balendran, MD & CEO, RNAIPL, said.
"RNAIPL is thrilled to commemorate the start of production of the all-new Nissan Magnite. We are also exploring opportunities to export this big, bold, beautiful and carismatic SUV. This is a colossal milestone for us, and we are proud of producing a SUV equipped with intuitive packaging and human-centric engineering that is inspired by India and designed in Japan."
Apart from the announcement of the start of production, Nissan has also announced the variant lineup, trim-levels, engine and transmission options, features and all other equipment which will be offered on the upcoming Magnite compact-SUV.
Starting with the variants, the new Nissan Magnite will be offered in a range of four variants: XE, XL, XV and XV (Premium). All four variants will further be offered with a range of features and equipment. Some of the features available on the Nissan Magnite include LED bi-projector headlamps, LED tail lights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, electrically-adjustable and foldable ORVMs and cruise control.
The Magnite also comes with steering-mounted controls, 7-inch TFT instrument cluster, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 360-degree camera, automatic climate control, push-button start/stop, skid plates, functional roof rails and many others.
Nissan will further be offering the top-two variants (XV and XV Premium) with a ‘Tech Pack'. This will offer additional features such as puddle lamps, wireless charging, air purifier, JBL sound system and ambient mood lighting, to name a few.
In terms of engine and transmission options, Nissan will be offering the Magnite with a choice of two petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre B4D naturally-aspirated unit offered across all variants and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine available only on the top XV and XV (Premium) trims.
|1.0L B4D Petrol MT||MT XE|
|MT XV with Tech Pack|
|MT XV Premium|
|MT XV Premium with Tech Pack|
|1.0L HRA0 Petrol MT||Turbo MT XL|
|Turbo MT XV|
|Turbo MT XV with Tech Pack|
|Turbo MT XV Premium|
|Turbo MT XV Premium with Tech Pack|
|Turbo MT XV Premium (O)|
|Turbo MT XV Premium (O) with Tech Pack|
|1.0L HRA0 Petrol CVT||Turbo X-Tronic CVT XL|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV with Tech Pack|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV Premium|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV Premium with Tech Pack|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV Premium (O)|
|Turbo X-Tronic CVT XV Premium (O) with Tech Pack|
The 1.0-litre B4D NA petrol unit will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit will be paired with either a five-speed manual or Nissan's X-Tronic CVT automatic transmission unit.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, commented:
"The start of production of the all-new Nissan Magnite is a proud moment for all of us. With an array of first-in-class and best-in-segment features, each grade walk has been curated to meet the aspirations of the discerning Indian customer."
"In line with Nissan's philosophy of continuous innovation to deliver enriching experiences, Nissan's renowned technologies are provided at every grade, including the X-Tronic CVT, Cruise Control, 360-degree Around View Monitor and Nissan Connect."
Thoughts On The All-New Nissan Magnite Compact-SUV
The Nissan Magnite is one of the most anticipated models to enter the Indian market. With Nissan currently struggling to get a strong-hold in the Indian market, the Magnite is their make or break product, potentially deciding the future of the brand in the Indian market. No stress!