- 15 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Nissan introduced its all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in the Indian market earlier this month. Offered with a starting price tag of Rs 4.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi), the Nissan Magnite has instantly become a big hit in the market.
Now, Nissan has announced that the Magnite also comes with the lowest maintenance costs, compared to its rivals in the segment. The Nissan Magnite maintenance costs are said to be just 29 paise per kilometre (for 50,000km).
The Nissan Magnite also comes with a standard 2-year/50,000km warranty, which can further be extended to 5-years/1 lakh kilometres. Nissan is also said to be offering its customers with multiple labour-free services across its entire network all across the country.
Nissan will also be offering a prepaid maintenance plan for the compact-SUV, called the ‘Nissan Magnite Care', providing an additional 22 per cent savings. This maintenance plan is further offered with two optional packages: Gold and Silver.
The ‘Gold Package' offers a more comprehensive periodic service, while the ‘Silver Package' covers a more basic maintenance service. The maintenance packages are on the SUV, hence they are transferable in case of a change in vehicle ownership.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, stated:
"Nissan as a customer-centric brand understands the importance of providing unique value-added services to its discerning Indian customers like the online service booking, the online service calculator and a completely enhanced digital ecosystem. The all-new Nissan Magnite comes with over 20 best-in-class and first-in-class features with the Nissan Promise of Lowest cost of maintenance."
Apart from the maintenance costs, Nissan has also announced that the Magnite has received over 15,000 bookings and 1.50 lakh enquiries, since its launch 15 days back.
Prior to the launch of the compact-SUV, Nissan had expanded its sales and service network by adding 50 new touchpoints across India. This included 30 service and 20 sales dealerships across the country —here are more details.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite Maintenance Cost Claims
The Nissan Magnite has added yet another feature to its cap, with claims of having the lowest-in-segment maintenance costs. This should definitely attract more customers towards the SUV, which has already gotten off to a flying start.