- 38 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Madhya Pradesh: Curfew, prohibitory orders in parts of Bhopal
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Nissan is looking to launch the upcoming Magnite compact-SUV soon in the Indian market. The company aims to boost sales for the brand in the country by launching a new model in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in India.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, the Japenese automaker could launch the Magnite SUV sometime by the end of this year. Earlier, it was reported that the arrival os Magnite was pushed to early 2021.
However, Nissan might be looking to launch the compact-SUV early in the market to increase sales in India. Currently, the Kicks is the lone survivor for the brand and was recently introduced with a powerful turbo-petrol engine. All other models were dropped from the company's portfolio after the BS6 emission norms kicked in earlier this year.
The Magnite concept was recently unveiled to the world. The company revealed a couple of features that will be making its way into the production form of the SUV. It features a large front grille with a sleek-looking LED headlamps and L-shaped LED DRLs.
Other features include blacked-out body cladding all-around the SUV, dual-tone alloy wheels, LED split-taillights, faux skid plates at both ends, roof rails, silver accents around the window line and blacked-out ORVMs; among others.
On the Inside, Nissan is expected to pack the Magnite with a host of features offering enhanced connectivity and convenience. It is also expected to come equipped with some of the segment-first features like a 360-degree parking camera.
Some of the other features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control system, a factory-fitted sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system. The infotainment unit will support Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology as well.
Under the bonnet, the Magnite compact-SUV is expected to be powered by a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine codenamed ‘BR10', which currently powers the Renault Triber MPV. The engine on the Triber produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer an optional AMT at a later date.
However, the highlight of the soon-to-be-launched compact-SUV is expected to be a powerful 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine codenamed ‘HR10'. This engine will make its debut with the compact-SUV and is expected to produce 95bhp. The turbo engine could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
Apart from the newly launched Toyota Urban Cruiser, the Nissan Magnite will also rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Kia Sonet and the upcoming Renault Kiger in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020
Currently, the compact-SUV segment constitutes a huge chunk of the total monthly automotive sales in India. With the ongoing festive season, the demand is expected to increase as well. As a result, Nissan might be looking to cater to the growing demand for compact-SUV by launching the Magnite sooner than the expected timeline.