- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Nissan India is all set to introduce the MY2020 (Model Year 2020) version of the Kicks SUV in the market. The new (2020) Nissan Kicks has been spied testing in the country on multiple occasions undergoing homologation tests, ahead of its launch.
Nissan was scheduled to launch the 2020 Kicks SUV in India in March 2020. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown bringing all operations to a close, the brand decided to postpone the launch. Now, with the lockdown period expected to come to an end on the 3rd of May 2020, Nissan will soon be launching the 2020 Kicks SUV in India.
The 2020 Nissan Kicks once launched in India offer the best-in-class power figures in the segment. This is due to the introduction of a brand new engine on the upcoming Kicks SUV. The 2020 iteration of the Nissan Kicks will come powered by a new HR13 DDT 1.3-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It produces 153bhp and 254Nm of peak torque.
Nissan claims that the new HR13 turbocharged petrol engine uses the same cylinder-coating technology used on the ‘Godzilla' aka, the R35 GT-R. This technology is said to boost engine efficiency and offer better performance.
The new (2020) Nissan Kicks SUV will also come with the brand's X-Tronic CVT gearbox. This transmission unit offers an eight-step ‘M' mode, which replicates the experience of sporty manual gear shifts. The new gearbox is said to produce 40% less friction, resulting in better fuel economy, smoother gear shifts and acceleration response as well.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, stated,
"The all-new Nissan Kicks 2020 is built with Japanese engineering and technology and has high build quality with purposeful and intelligent technology with class-leading premium-ness. The new Nissan Kicks is powered by a best-in-class turbo engine and best-in-class X-tronic CVT offering higher fuel economy and acceleration."
Thoughts About The 2020 Nissan Kicks SUV Launch In India
The 2020 Nissan Kicks hasn't received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. The SUV is a decent performer, however, has failed to take on the tough competition in the segment. The introduction of the 2020 Kicks with the new engine and transmission unit, will make it better equipped to take on the likes of the Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta.