- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Nissan India confirmed that it will launch the Kicks BS6 model in the Indian market. Ahead of the SUVs launch, the company has revealed the specs features and mileage figures of the Nissan Kicks BS6 model.
The upcoming Nissan Kicks will be offered with a pair of petrol engines to choose from. These include a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 254Nm of torque, making it the most powerful SUV in the segment in the Indian market. The other option will be a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol unit that produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque.
Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. However, the 1.3-litre unit will be offered with an optional eight-speed CVT automatic transmission. The Turbo variant will also arrive with a few exclusive features including traction control.
According to the Autocar India, the 1.5-litre naturally aspirated features an ARAI rated mileage of 13.9km/l — 0.33km/l less as compared to its BS4 version. On the other hand, the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine's fuel efficiency is rated at 15.8km/l, while the automatic variant is expected to have a similar mileage rating as well.
Once launched, the Nissan Kicks BS6 will rival the Kia Seltos, the Hyundai Creta, and the MG Hector; among others in the Indian market. The Kicks, Seltos and the Creta come powered by a naturally aspirated petrol and a turbo-petrol engine, while the MG Hector is offered with two turbo-petrol engines with one of them featuring a mild-hybrid system. All petrol SUVs are offered with manual and automatic transmission options.
Comparing the Nissan Kicks's mileage figure to its rivals, If we consider the SUVs with naturally aspirated petrol engines, the BS6 Kicks is placed at the bottom of the table on every aspect. The naturally aspirated 1.5-litre engine on the Creta and the Seltos return a mileage of 16.8km/l and 16.5km/l, respectively.
This is over 2.6km/l more than the Nissan Kicks BS6 engine. Also, comparing the power produced, the Kicks is down on that too as it produces 9bhp less than the Seltos and the Creta SUVs. Both the South Korean brands offer an optional CVT-automatic transmission with the naturally aspirated petrol-powered SUVs too, which are more efficient than their manual counterparts.
Moving to the comparison of mileage figures with the turbo-petrol engines, the BS6 Kicks 1.3-litre despite being smaller-capacity is the most powerful turbo-petrol engine among its rivals. It is 13bhp and 4Nm more powerful than its closest rivals, the MG Hector's 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The Kicks turbo-petrol engine is placed third in the mileage comparison after the Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta. The Creta turbo's rating is 1kpl higher, while the Seltos is 0.7kpl more than the Nissan Kicks. However, the petrol-powered Hector with either the manual or automatic is the least fuel-efficient SUV here. But with the mild-hybrid system, the Hector's fuel-efficiency figure is the same as the BS6 Kicks turbo.
Thoughts About The Nissan Kicks BS6 Mileage Comparison To Its Segment Rivals
The Nissan Kicks brings more power to the table with its turbo-petrol engine as compared to its rivals. However, the South Korean built Seltos and Creta offer better mileage than the Kicks SUV. Nissan is expected to launch the BS6 Kicks sometime during this month in the Indian market.