- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- News Baftas 2021: Nomadland wins big with four awards wins; Here's full list of winners
- Technology Ugadi Flipkart Offers 2021: Best Discount and Deals On Premium Smartphones
- Finance How To Find Your Nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra Online?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni's Shivangi Verma Tests COVID-19 Positive; Says BF Ripudaman Has Been Her Biggest Strength
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Sports WWE Wrestlemania 37 Night Two recap, results and highlights
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Maruti Suzuki launched the Celerio back in 2015 in India. The hatchback received a really good response since its inception and has now been due for a generation upgrade. In 2019, the company said that it is working on the new Celerio, which is expected to launch sometime next year.
Earlier, the Maruti Celerio was spotted testing for the first time on the Indian road under heavy wraps. However, according to the images captured by IndianAuto, the car has been spotted testing once again and this time also under wraps and it is clearly visible that the shape of the car has been changed slightly. The car is running on steel wheels, hence indicating that this could be a lower variant.
The next generation Celerio is expected to feature tweaked bumpers and the car also looks slightly taller compared to the previous-gen model. The car will be sharing its platform with other Maruti cars like S-Presso, Wagon R, Swift and the Baleno. Other features could include LED DRLs, projector headlights, stylish alloys, LED tail lights, rear wiper and ORVMs with integrated LED turn indicators, etc.
On the inside, the upcoming Celerio is likely to get a new touchscreen infotainment system that features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fabric upholstery, automatic AC, steering mounted controls, dual front airbags as standard, parking camera assist, speed sensor, ABS, EBD and many more.
Under the hood, we are expecting the car to be powered by the 1.0-liter 3 cylinder petrol BS6 engine that powers the current Celerio. The engine pumps out 66bhp of power and 90Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and will also be available with an AMT. The car could also get a CNG option at a later stage.
Thoughts About The Next Generation Maruti Celerio
The company is launching the all-new Celerio at the right time as the market is going up for the small car segment. We expect the company to price the new Celerio between the Rs 4.5 to 6.5 lakh mark. Once launched, the car will go up against the likes of the Tata Tiago, Renault Kwid and the Renault Triber in the Indian market.